Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Korean Version SHV-370K - ROM/GroupPlay/ChatON

Tip us?

ervit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
This secret menu allows you to modify the network, frequencies and other stuff, each korean service privider has it's own password.

try typing this on the dialer.

it asks for a password. I tried 0821 but it doesn't seem to work

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervit View Post
it asks for a password. I tried 0821 but it doesn't seem to work
the password is network related
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

ervit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
the password is network related
I found the password on a Russian forum, it's 774632. But I don't see where in that menu I can enable USSD

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 843
Quote:
I found the password on a Russian forum, it's 774632. But I don't see where in that menu I can enable USSD
you don't need the menu for the ussd, korean version has their own set of ussd, they are different from the international version, some are the same , but most are different.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

ervit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
you don't need the menu for the ussd, korean version has their own set of ussd, they are different from the international version, some are the same , but most are different.
Please forgive me as I'm a total noob, but after your last reply it hit me: we're probably talking about different USSDs. I meant that my operator USSD codes didn't work, the ones that I send to find out my remaining balance and to also enable/disable services etc. (e.g. I would send *444#2#1 to find out my remaining balance), not the phone's own USSD codes (like the service menus etc, e.g. the IMEI check with *#06#). Operator USSD codes just don't work - the phone either sits trying to connect for a few minutes (locking the phone down during this time), or just says that the signal is too weak. So I guess I do need to install a different firmware to fully unlock it.

Thanks for trying to help though, I'm learning new stuff!
The Following User Says Thank You to ervit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThuGzta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Please forgive me as I'm a total noob, but after your last reply it hit me: we're probably talking about different USSDs. I meant that my operator USSD codes didn't work, the ones that I send to find out my remaining balance and to also enable/disable services etc. (e.g. I would send *444#2#1 to find out my remaining balance), not the phone's own USSD codes (like the service menus etc, e.g. the IMEI check with *#06#). Operator USSD codes just don't work - the phone either sits trying to connect for a few minutes (locking the phone down during this time), or just says that the signal is too weak. So I guess I do need to install a different firmware to fully unlock it.

Thanks for trying to help though, I'm learning new stuff!

Mate I have the same problem here. The USSD codes just dont work. My balance check does work though. All I have noticed that USSDS that need two steps dont work. Example to transfer credits, I type *456# and in return it should ask me what number I need to transfer my credits, but it just doesnt work. I have tried the menu but no idea what that is all about. Still cannot find what to do.

Secondly I met some one at the forums who has the same device as ours. HE said installing Cynogen Mod is working and it doesnt effect us having a model of SHV something. LOL. So I dont know if I should go ahead and flash a custom rom. I would rather flash an official rom but no one is helping here and I cant seem to find any. Like maybe we could flash an english rom from UK. Something official like the normal I9195 have! Not some korean ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThuGzta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThuGzta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default New Update.

Hey people! I just got an OTA update and all I see new is a Google Drive icon. The update is still on 4.2.2 and not 4.3. It was about 96mb of file size. How can I take out the changelog and read what bug fixes it brings?

deepudips
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hello

how to do I move from SHV or change the CSC code?

for now getting only the Korean pop up messages.

Want to change to Australia CSC code.

ervit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepudips View Post
how to do I move from SHV or change the CSC code?

for now getting only the Korean pop up messages.

Want to change to Australia CSC code.
I've read about CSC Select app (on google play market), but I think you need root for this to work. I'm not an expert on that though.

Please write here if you manage to get any results (even if negative).