CF AutoRoot

Search This thread

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
The famous and honorable mister Chainfire posted a working cf auto-root for the NotePRO Wifi and NotePRO LTE here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50498424&postcount=235

I tested the WiFi variant and it works like a charm.

The procedure is as usual (Beware: This root method will flag or trip the KNOX counter):
1. download the zip file and unzip it
2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP slot (all options set to default)
3. Boot your NotePRO into download mode (turn off NotePRO and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously. Follow the instructions on the screen)
4. connect the NotePRO to your computer via the USB port, wait until Odin sees the device and hit Start

Last edited:

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
The famous and honorable mister Chainfire posted a working cf auto-root for the NotePRO Wifi and NotePRO LTE here

The procedure is as usual
2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP slot (all options set to default)
3. Boot your NotePRO into download mode (turn off NotePRO and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously. Follow the instructions on the screen)
4. connect the NotePRO to your computer via the USB port, wait until Odin sees the device and hit Start

Interesting. My NotePro 12.12 Wifi only has two days so I'll wait a bit more before rooting, but definitely have to do it.
Will this work with all stock ROMs/countries?

Reactions: Souldrifter

rlabarca

Nov 4, 2007
Worked great - no issues. Tablet is now much more productive.

Best part is using AppSetting Xposed module. Can finally make use of the screen real estate :good:

Can't seem to get Pen Window Manager to work though. Would really like to be able to configure the list of pop up windows. Wanam works great for adding apps to the Multi Window Tray. But it doesn't have options for Pen Window.

Reactions: KingMuttley

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
If an update gets pushed for our device will we be able to install it without a custom recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
I got stuck at cache.img trying to root and now my device seems stuck with the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". Not sure how to fix it. Googling...

Buji

Jan 9, 2007
If an update gets pushed for our device will we be able to install it without a custom recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk

I think so but am not sure. I missed out on an os update with my 2012 note because I rooted early, and when the OS update rolled around I didn't know where to start. Paying closer attention this time, but I'm already needing root for a few things (disable capacitive buttons, full lmt functionality)

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Hopefully this will get the tablet moving in the right direction. Missing xposed was weird. Now we can block ads and do all the fun stuff :) AND most importantly GREENIFY!!!! which didn't seem to work correctly without being rooted.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Worked great - no issues. Tablet is now much more productive.

Best part is using AppSetting Xposed module. Can finally make use of the screen real estate :good:

Can't seem to get Pen Window Manager to work though. Would really like to be able to configure the list of pop up windows. Wanam works great for adding apps to the Multi Window Tray. But it doesn't have options for Pen Window.

Confirm if it works but shouldnt you be able to launch anything in the mw bar as a floating window just by tapping it? Even if it doesnt go to the pen window box

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rlabarca

Nov 4, 2007
Confirm if it works but shouldnt you be able to launch anything in the mw bar as a floating window just by tapping it? Even if it doesnt go to the pen window box

Weird. Before I rooted, many programs wouldn't let me launch windowed from the multi window tray. Had to drag for normal multi window. But it seems now it let's me. Don't know why.

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
Anyone have any ideas why CF's root would be getting stuck at cache.img for me? I'm bummed I can't get this working.

aartvv

Nov 13, 2009
First flash the recovery.img.tar via odin and after that the cf root md5 file.I got stuck at the cache.img also but solved it with first flashing the recovery tar.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9205 met Tapatalk

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
First flash the recovery.img.tar via odin and after that the cf root md5 file.I got stuck at the cache.img also but solved it with first flashing the recovery tar.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9205 met Tapatalk

Just so I am trying the right thing.

So would I do it this way?

1. turn off the auto reboot flag in Odin
2. Put P900XXUANB3-RecoveryImg.tar in PDA slot. Click Start,
3. turn auto reboot flag back on (?)
4. Put CF Auto root file in PDA slot. Click Start.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Oops, never mind. I can't turn off Auto Reboot.

I have tried flashing the CF Auto Root file after getting back to a usable state with the RecoveryImg.tar but same thing happens.

ddrager

Apr 19, 2012
So would I do it this way?

Previous to this I used http://adbdriver.com/ to install the adb driver, you'll need to do this first so that your computer will see the device in download mode. Make sure your tablet is connectible via 'adb devices' - it should be listed. You'll need to enable adb in developer options.

The procedure is as usual (Beware: This root method will flag or trip the KNOX counter):
2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP [bitpushr note: PDA] slot (all options set to default)

I left the auto-reboot checkbox checked. The device reboots 2 more times (one to install the root, the second after restoring to the original recovery).

Reactions: KestrelX

ad78

Mar 22, 2011
Connecticut
No need to root to remove ads including YouTube ads. Go to ad block plus site and download the apk from there. Just change the Internet settings to manual and put localhost port 2020 and you are good to go.

Reactions: 1seniorgeek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Some tips

Firstly, the root works terrifically, which is obvious to anyone who's tried it.
    Some suggestions when you're de-bloating, do not remove Samsung ScreenSaver. Despite the name, it is not a screensaver. It is the service connected to making the power button turn the screen off. Because of this, I had to re-stock the tablet. Finding the real rom for it is stupidly hard, and is only on slow share sites. Below is the link to my server, which I will leave available for as long as needed. I used the same ODIN 3.07 that is included with CF_Auto to reflash stock. Hopefully no one else has this issue.

Applies to SM-P900 Wifi only.

joevwgti.dyndns.org/P900UEU1ANAE.zip
    working CF-auto-root for SM-P900 XAR

This auto-root worked for me, unlike the one currently available on chainfire's website.
    This is the one I downloaded there in April. See the last few comments above this for details.

Use at your own risk though, I won't accept any responsibility if it bricks yours.

When uploading here, I see that XDaA says the filesize is 14.81 MB while on my MAC it's shown as 15.5 MB.

So to be excessively clear, check these after downloading:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 mathias staff 15533266 Apr 23 2014 CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

MD5 (CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip) = 6c5f2ba108f5e1b02f4c1e471af958ba
    rooting my sm-p900

Want to share with you guys my experience of rooting sm-p900 wifi after rounds of failure in stucking at cache.img:

1. download CF-Auto-Root for sm-p900 wifi from:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/384/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

2. Unzip using 7z.

3. Remove .md5 extension of the file CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5

4. Extract recovery.img from CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar using 7z

5. download this tool:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281287
    [link revised per advice from #180]

6. convert the recovery.img in 4. to tar.md5 format using the tool from 5.
    [ modify the converter code (just a batch file you can edit in Notepad - simple copy-paste) as per post #41 in the thread also per #180 advice]

7. flash recovery.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

8. flash CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

And walla! my sm-p900 wifi is rooted