Would The LG G4 Fare Well With The Snapdragon 808?

The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

latest moto update rolling out...

20th February 2014, 01:43 PM |#1  
twist3d0n3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 145
 
495 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
hi chaps,

i've got a bootloader-unlocked, rooted, stock GPE edition moto g (xt1032). how do i go about getting it back to stock in order to get the OTA? do i have to relock the bootloader?

cheers
20th February 2014, 07:56 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219

when the new update starts to roll out to the UK moto g I think I will restore mine to stock as well
21st February 2014, 12:26 PM |#3  
twist3d0n3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 145
 
495 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEER TERROR

follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219

when the new update starts to roll out to the UK moto g I think I will restore mine to stock as well

i know how to flash the factory GPE image but it's more what state i need the phone in to be able to receive the update, poorly worded OP really

thanks tho
21st February 2014, 12:42 PM |#4  
drfr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag P˙chov
Thanks Meter: 547
 
919 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist3d0n3

i know how to flash the factory GPE image but it's more what state i need the phone in to be able to receive the update, poorly worded OP really

thanks tho

You need stock kernel, stock recovery and absolutely no changes in /system partition including root.
Oh, just to be precise - you can actually receive an update if you┤re not fully stock but you won┤t be able to apply it.

Edit: Philz recovery and root can be actually in place, tested that today.
Last edited by drfr; 22nd February 2014 at 09:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to drfr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 01:53 PM |#5  
twist3d0n3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 145
 
495 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfr

You need stock kernel, stock recovery and absolutely no changes in /system partition including root.
Oh, just to be precise - you can actually receive an update if you┤re not fully stock but you won┤t be able to apply it.

lovely stuff, thanks.

do i need to relock the bootloader too?
21st February 2014, 01:57 PM |#6  
petran_7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 34
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Hi guys, what update are you talking about?

Is there any update coming to our little monster?
21st February 2014, 02:14 PM |#7  
drfr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag P˙chov
Thanks Meter: 547
 
919 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist3d0n3

lovely stuff, thanks.

do i need to relock the bootloader too?

Nope.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by petran_7

Hi guys, what update are you talking about?

Is there any update coming to our little monster?

XT1032 is getting OTA update which fixes OTG USB storage and patches radio. It is out for DE and US version already, other like UK, EU will get them soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drfr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 02:22 PM |#8  
petran_7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 34
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfr

XT1032 is getting OTA update which fixes OTG USB storage and patches radio. It is out for DE and US version already, other like UK, EU will get them soon.

Thanks my friend! I have the UK version so I am waiting

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes