Review of amzdeal® 30W 4-port USB Wall Charger

Tip us?

carren_li
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Review of amzdeal® 30W 4-port USB Wall Charger

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJJPYXS
I received one of these as a 'for review' unit but there were no under the table deals involving a positive review in exchange.

This charger's distinguishing characteristic is that it comes with two 5V/2A ports and another two 5V/1A charging ports for a total of four. Unlike most USB chargers that try to be all things to all people and provide one 'Apple-optimized' and one 'non-Apple' port or one 1A and one 2A charging ports, therefore making them into 'single port' chargers most of the time, you can actually use all four ports to charge perhaps two phones and two tablets at the same time and this is a good thing.

For your money you get the charger body that comes with a status light and non-foldable prongs that plug into standard AC outlets. You supply the USB cables. The 2A outputs are better suited for the larger devices such as tablets but I found that it charged our phones as well. It even charged our HP Chromebook 11 which is happiest when it gets 3A but accepts anything from 1A up to 3A.

I can't think of no 'negatives' for as long as you are not looking for something 'small' or 'portable' in which case you should be looking elsewhere.

The price is so cheap!

samizad
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
This was sent to me for review. A very professional correspondence with amzdeal who have clearly created a great product and want to let the world know about it. There was no pressure to write a positive review.

Firstly, I should say that I would have given the product 5 starts were it not for the arrangement of the charger. The charger could be certainly be smaller. As it is, it sticks out from the wall by a few inches which means that it won't fit behind a nightstand. If the prongs were on the side of the device, the charger could sit more flush with the wall. As it happens, I don't have a nightstand and I normally leave my phone and tablet charging, beside my bed, on the floor. With this style of charger, I can actually rest my phone on top of the charger instead of the floor!

The charger has 2x2A and 2x1A USB output. This allows me to charge my tablet and both mine and my wife's phone, all from the same wall socket. I actually put my phone into a 2A output and it chargers just fine, at double the speed.

The led light indicates when the charger has power, i.e. my bedroom switch for the nightstands is on. It is a very useful feature.

I have been using it daily for 2 weeks now and am confident of its quality build.

In summary, a very good product but not for use behind nightstands.
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) | Stock 4.4.4, Rooted, TWRP.
Previous Phones: Siemens S25 | Siemens S35 | Nokia 7110 | Nokia 7650 | HTC Himalaya | HTC Alpine | Samsung D500 | HTC Magician | Samsung I300 | HTC Artemis | HTC Kaiser | HTC Diamond | HTC Leo | Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)