Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[help] Offline wiki app

Tip us?

ffp.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [help] Offline wiki app

Hi, I'm looking for an app that allows me to view wikis in my phone offline, from my SDcard. I want to download the dump file of the wikis,not only wikipedia, but any other wiki, related to games, movies, etc., copy to sd card and use them with a reader.
I found 2 apps that can do that. The first one is fastwiki, which is very good, but it doesn't have images on wiki pages and they are a little messy with the quotes and images, they don't show it properly and the page doesn't have a clean aspect.
The other one is Leo's wikipedia reader, but i couldn't manage to create the wiki file.
Both of them comes with a xml converter to create the wiki file that the app will read. This allows me to view any wiki, not just wikipedia.

Please, if you know a wiki reader like those that's better, post here. Or if you know how to convert leo's file post them here.

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffp. View Post
Hi, I'm looking for an app that allows me to view wikis in my phone offline, from my SDcard. I want to download the dump file of the wikis,not only wikipedia, but any other wiki, related to games, movies, etc., copy to sd card and use them with a reader.
I found 2 apps that can do that. The first one is fastwiki, which is very good, but it doesn't have images on wiki pages and they are a little messy with the quotes and images, they don't show it properly and the page doesn't have a clean aspect.
The other one is Leo's wikipedia reader, but i couldn't manage to create the wiki file.
Both of them comes with a xml converter to create the wiki file that the app will read. This allows me to view any wiki, not just wikipedia.

Please, if you know a wiki reader like those that's better, post here. Or if you know how to convert leo's file post them here.
Can you please repost your question into the App Review, Recommendation & Discussion Thread.

Thanks!
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe