Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

mm-qcamera-daemon battery drain?

Tip us?

xXJay_RXx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 500
Default mm-qcamera-daemon battery drain?

Okay so I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. He has a TMo Galaxy Note 3. It's stock and not rooted. He is having terrible battery life. This mm-qcamera-daemon seems to be the issue. On his phone, all he has installed is Facebook, Instagram, flappy bird and pages manager app for Facebook. Anyone know what could be causing it? I've own plenty of android phones and I never ran into this issue. Heres a screen shot. Btw, this is with the 10,000mAh ZeroLemon battery I sold him from my old VZW G Note 3. Thanks

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJay_RXx View Post
Okay so I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. He has a TMo Galaxy Note 3. It's stock and not rooted. He is having terrible battery life. This mm-qcamera-daemon seems to be the issue. On his phone, all he has installed is Facebook, Instagram, flappy bird and pages manager app for Facebook. Anyone know what could be causing it? I've own plenty of android phones and I never ran into this issue. Heres a screen shot. Btw, this is with the 10,000mAh ZeroLemon battery I sold him from my old VZW G Note 3. Thanks
Wipe and reflash

TWEAKED 2.0
NOTE 3 TWEAKED
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xXJay_RXx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
Wipe and reflash

TWEAKED 2.0

Well his is stock, not rooted. So should I tell him to just factory restart his Gnote 3?

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJay_RXx View Post
Well his is stock, not rooted. So should I tell him to just factory restart his Gnote 3?
Yes sir. Tell him to factory reset and then not load anything and see if it hangs up again. Wait before that tell him to go into setting then app manager then all then find camera click it then clear data. Restart phone. Look and see if it still stuck. Take a few pics. Check again. if it gets stuck again factory reset.

TWEAKED 2.0
NOTE 3 TWEAKED

xXJay_RXx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Yes sir. Tell him to factory reset and then not load anything and see if it hangs up again. Wait before that tell him to go into setting then app manager then all then find camera click it then clear data. Restart phone. Look and see if it still stuck. Take a few pics. Check again. if it gets stuck again factory reset.

TWEAKED 2.0

Okay thanks bud

Limeybastard
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:

TWEAKED 2.0
@BACARDILIMON You are the man thanks.

My wife's N900A was draining to empty in less than 5 hours due to this process running. I eventually scoured through Google and it brought me back home eventually to this thread LOL.

I informed her via text to go to application manager and find camera and also clear data. Issue resolved for her. She did not have to factory reset.

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
@BACARDILIMON You are the man thanks.

My wife's N900A was draining to empty in less than 5 hours due to this process running. I eventually scoured through Google and it brought me back home eventually to this thread LOL.

I informed her via text to go to application manager and find camera and also clear data. Issue resolved for her. She did not have to factory reset.
I been their and the best part was I for got about that till I had just begun factory reset lol.

TWEAKED 2.0 KRYON 1.0 NOTE 3
NOTE 3 TWEAKED

The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]