Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] All ROMS hang at the HTC splash screen

OP danceunlimited

21st February 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
I managed to unlock root and install TWRP recovery.
Before and after flashing the ROM i even tried to flash the boot.img file by "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
No matter what ALL ROMS hang at the splash screen.
These are the ROMS i tried:
Viper - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1868236
Clean ROM -
Android Revolution


Kinda getting frustrated, HTC desire was not that hard to root and flash, not sure why the one X is taking the breath outta me.

HTC One X:
Unlocked
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT 0.32.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-None
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW SEcure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH: OFF
Mar 1 2012 01:43:15


Please help!
21st February 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847
 
14,378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Your hboot is WAY to low ! Give the outcome of :

Fastboot getvar version-main

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd February 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Your hboot is WAY to low ! Give the outcome of :

Fastboot getvar version-main

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


1.19.707.1
22nd February 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
So here is what I did, tried downloading JBFWTools and up the hboot version but I think i am doing something wrong because it keeps redirecting me to the web page.

I have copied the firmware file to the SD card and follow the 5 step instruction as what was mentioned in the prompt in the batch file but to no +ve result..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1924003
22nd February 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847
 
14,378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
My guess is that your hboot is so low that it won't update via that way. Try this....

Relock the bootloader :

Fastboot oem lock

Then execute this ruu with admin rights

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...281_signed.exe

Once that one is done you install this one

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...743_signed.exe

Then this one

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...245_signed.exe

And last but least this one

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...434_signed.exe

After the last one you let the phone search for manual ota updates, do that multiple times until you are sure there aren't any left !

Ow and btw....a firmware is not flashed via the sdcard of the phone. But from the pc to the phone in fastboot mode.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Mr Hofs; 22nd February 2014 at 04:56 AM.
22nd February 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Crap that is a ton of steps!
Thanks Mr Hofs will try out tonite and keep you posted.

The reason why i never bothered to do this is because the phone did pretty well for the last few years with the ROM that it came with, its just lately with all the higher requirements of softwares its about time that I cleaned it up. Din know I joined the dinosaurs!
23rd February 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Fastboot oem lock
Outcome - worked

The following were Run as Administator
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...281_signed.exe
Nothing happened, no screen or anything else came up

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...743_signed.exe
Stopped with and exit error code 800700002

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...245_signed.exe
Nothing happened, no screen or anything else came up

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...434_signed.exe
A proper installation screen came up and pushed a file and did some installation but the end result said something like "Unable to update ROM"

I think there is still something missing or fishy.
23rd February 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #8  
athulele's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 305
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceunlimited

Fastboot oem lock
Outcome - worked

The following were Run as Administator
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...281_signed.exe
Nothing happened, no screen or anything else came up

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...743_signed.exe
Stopped with and exit error code 800700002

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...245_signed.exe
Nothing happened, no screen or anything else came up

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...434_signed.exe
A proper installation screen came up and pushed a file and did some installation but the end result said something like "Unable to update ROM"

I think there is still something missing or fishy.

In fastboot mode run the command - fastboot oem rebootRUU

You'll see a black screen with HTC logo.
After this, run the RUU

Sent from my HTC One X
23rd February 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847
 
14,378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by athulele

In fastboot mode run the command - fastboot oem rebootRUU

You'll see a black screen with HTC logo.
After this, run the RUU

Sent from my HTC One X

That's not how you run a ruu ! A ruu is with the phone in the bootloader (with a relocked or locked bootloader) then right click the ruu.exe and select run as administrator. The problem could be the low hboot. It might not be able to update the hboot with big steps like these !

A firmware flash might solve that (and that's where you need that particular command)

@ OP :

Check here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957376
Last edited by Mr Hofs; 23rd February 2014 at 06:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #10  
athulele's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 305
 
1,243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

That's not how you run a ruu ! A ruu is with the phone in the bootloader (with a relocked or locked bootloader) then right click the ruu.exe and select run as administrator. The problem could be the low hboot. It might not be able to update the hboot with big steps like these !

A firmware flash might solve that (and that's where you need that particular command)

Ah I see, thanks for correcting me.

Sent from my HTC One X

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes