XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] mega 6.3 sim unlock

Tip us?

RandyLoDaGod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Q] mega 6.3 sim unlock

Can anyone pls help me with sim unlocking my mega 6.3 sgh- m819n . I'm in the military and will very soon be headed back overseas.

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyLoDaGod View Post
Can anyone pls help me with sim unlocking my mega 6.3 sgh- m819n . I'm in the military and will very soon be headed back overseas.
If you are with ATT and you are in the military, all you have to do is go to ATT.com/deviceunlock, submit the request and it should ask you to upload your papers for leave.

You will then get your code within 24-48 hours.

RandyLoDaGod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzsidebott View Post
If you are with ATT and you are in the military, all you have to do is go to ATT.com/deviceunlock, submit the request and it should ask you to upload your papers for leave.

You will then get your code within 24-48 hours.
Its the Metro PCS version but thanks for the info...

Its the Metro PCS version. But thanks for the info...

lobox360
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyLoDaGod View Post
Its the Metro PCS version but thanks for the info...

Its the Metro PCS version. But thanks for the info...
If you had the phone activated with metro for more than 3 months, call customer service and they will give the unlock code.

manlapasj13@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Unlock

I saw a thread about unlocking which uses a certain method or setting inside our phone. Will it work on our mega

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manlapasj13@gmail.com View Post
I saw a thread about unlocking which uses a certain method or setting inside our phone. Will it work on our mega
nope not for the att mega

sashusmom
Old
Thanks Meter 400
I went on cellunlocker site yesterday and priced the att unlock. It was $30. But make sure you activate with the original carrier before unlocking and using different sim. There is a new thing called REGION lock which samsung has started using. If you unlock before activation with the original carrier you will not be able to use your phone internationally. Cell unlocker explains it pretty well with a disclaimer about their service.

They say it applies to all USA phones released with 4.4 kitKat and all Samsung newer phones. The mega isn't specified, but all other top samsung galaxy phones are.

@ randy, thank you for your service and stay safe.
SG Note- Jedi/SOA GalaxyNexus-Flapps unofficial 12/17
Nexus 7 tab TF101/dock
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!

MC FLMJ1G
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
I went on cellunlocker site yesterday and priced the att unlock. It was $30. But make sure you activate with the original carrier before unlocking and using different sim. There is a new thing called REGION lock which samsung has started using. If you unlock before activation with the original carrier you will not be able to use your phone internationally. Cell unlocker explains it pretty well with a disclaimer about their service.

They say it applies to all USA phones released with 4.4 kitKat and all Samsung newer phones. The mega isn't specified, but all other top samsung galaxy phones are.

@ randy, thank you for your service and stay safe.
If your phone has been used previously with the original carrier, this will not apply to you. However, if your device is BRAND NEW, your must activate it with the original carrier. > Seems as if it was activated just once then can be unlocked no issues. Seems this mostly applies to NEW phones...