Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] White 8.4 backing material?

Tip us?

rotarydoc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] White 8.4 backing material?

I have only seen the black version on display at Best Buy, and was wondering if the white one uses a hard back (like the Note 3 does), or is it softer white material (like on the Note 3 black version) ?

Probably sounds strange, but I prefer the white color, yet I like the soft, grippy feel on the black Note 3 better...

I know that they both share the "faux leather" appearance and stitching.

Thanks for any input!

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydoc View Post
I have only seen the black version on display at Best Buy, and was wondering if the white one uses a hard back (like the Note 3 does), or is it softer white material (like on the Note 3 black version) ?

Probably sounds strange, but I prefer the white color, yet I like the soft, grippy feel on the black Note 3 better...

I know that they both share the "faux leather" appearance and stitching.

Thanks for any input!
It is hard plastic.
Phone:

LG G3 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Nvidia Shield Tablet

Retired Phones: HTC One M8, HTC One M7, Lg G2, Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Note 10.1 2014, Shield Portable

will6316
Old
Thanks Meter 27
The white feels slightly different than the black. The white seems more slippery than the black. I returned the white because of that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app