Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there anyway to get past the Galaxy S4 Password Lockscreen?

Tip us?
 
baseballplaya92104
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Is there anyway to get past the Galaxy S4 Password Lockscreen?

My little brother passed away recently and we have been trying to get into his Galaxy S4 to figure out some things leading up to his death. We have tried to guess it and that hasn't work and also tried calling AT&T which was also no help. Is there any possible way of getting around the password protect or are we just wasting out time? Thanks guys
 
sizemore2000
Old
#2  
sizemore2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 234
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Hold the power button, home button, and volume up. When phone boots up, let go of everything except the volume up. Choose wipe data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Sorry, but that's the only way. Plug into USB and u can get pics and files. Sorry bout your bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
jvnat
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 149
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizemore2000 View Post
Hold the power button, home button, and volume up. When phone boots up, let go of everything except the volume up. Choose wipe data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Sorry, but that's the only way. Plug into USB and u can get pics and files. Sorry bout your bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I don't know how to get past the lockscreen, but doing a full wipe will defeat the purpose of what he wants. As mentioned, you should be able to get to the pics and files if you plug in with USB.
ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700
Samsung Galaxy S4
HTC Sensation
 
baseballplaya92104
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnat View Post
I don't know how to get past the lockscreen, but doing a full wipe will defeat the purpose of what he wants. As mentioned, you should be able to get to the pics and files if you plug in with USB.
Would there be any way of being able to read text messages??
 
atx84
Old
#5  
atx84's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 112
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Austin

 
DONATE TO ME
There is supposed to be a way with cmd from a pc But they have to have USB debugging on the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
 
baseballplaya92104
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Hmmm, anyone knowledgeable in this??
 
Oncet
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 43
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballplaya92104 View Post
Hmmm, anyone knowledgeable in this??
try using samsung Kies software. If it is working than take a full backup on your PC. I think kies can take backup of messages.
I personally don't use kies so I am not sure but someone here uses Kies might help.
 
sandman7793
Old
#8  
sandman7793's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 578
Posts: 483
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Naples
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncet View Post
try using samsung Kies software. If it is working than take a full backup on your PC. I think kies can take backup of messages.
I personally don't use kies so I am not sure but someone here uses Kies might help.
Kies will do a backup of the texts but don't know with a password on.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
A bOy StUcK iN a ManS BoDy..

TF101 Rooted KatKissing it!!! OC 1400

Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.2, Sons rocking it now!

AT&T Samsung GN3 Rooted SS DynamicKat

 
DeadlySin9
Old
#9  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,250
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
The only options are plug it in and use Minimal Fastboot and ADB to get adb and use commands to disable the lock, or if you know the password to the Gmail account you can use the "Forgotten password" option after putting it in incorrectly a certain number of times.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
 
Whizzpopper
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 366
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa
There are ways but the first thing you need to find out is if he activated debugging on his phone. The only way to know is to install adb on your computer, plug in the phone to the computer, and in terminal type adb remount (or something similar - it depends on your os)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes