Originally Posted by eclyptos
So where "Honami" come from?
I have no idea who is makeing this names but I am sure for 100% now.
I just got my Sony Xperia Z1 C6903
Originally Posted by clodewyks
I recently upgraded to the Z1 from my old S2 where I was running cyanogenmod nightlies. At first I was very happy with the phone but after upgrading the firmware to 4.3 I keep getting errors on all of my Wi-Fi networks where it says "Assosiaction Rejected" and thus without noticing I am using my mobile data instead.
So today I decided to root and install CM on it. Only thing is I can;t really find any good tutorials online on how to do so.
I will be following the instructions on Sony's page for rooting purposes, but after that I am lost.
So my questions are:
1. Where can I find a tutorial on flashing CWM or TWRP onto this device?
2. Will the CM versions under "honami" work for this phone? (C6903 with 4.3)
Apologies that I could not post any links to Sony and CM as i am a new user.
Some help will be greatly appreciated as the Wi-Fi issue is a big one for me.
I have just got my SXZ1 so I can share with you chow to manage it do get CM11 and how to do it correctly.
1. You have to make sure that you have right version of stock ROM to root it.
it is has to be: 14.1.G.1.534. If you have different please flash it by FlashTool like I had
the newest stock 4.3
2. Now when you have right firmware version you have to root it, forexample by vRoot:
3. When you are root'ed make copy of your TA to backup DRM keys:
4. Now you can unlock bootloader:
5. Now you have do download 2 files:
GAPPS for CM11:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
6. Copy both of this files to some microSD card and put it to your SXZ1
7. Flash back the .290 ROM forexample the globar version:
8. Reboot to system to make sure your IMEI is still correct !
9. From CM11 zip file extract boot.img and flash it by FlashTool in fastboot mode
10. After proper flashing of boot.img during tyrning on your SXZ1 when you can see
diode in purple color keep pressing volume up button antil diode will change do orange.
Then you will enter CWM
11. Install from microSD card CM11 than GAPPS and make full wipa and cache wipe.
12. After configuration youcan go to updates and download the newest CM11 nightly
13. It is done
Now you can enjoy with your SXZ1 with the newest CM11 as I am
Phone: Smasung Galaxy S2 | ROM: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightly
Phone: Sony Xperia Z | ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly
I am using:
Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 | ROM: CM11 - Nigtlies