Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more
Post Reply

[Q] Rooting and installing CM

OP clodewyks

18th February 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hi All,

I recently upgraded to the Z1 from my old S2 where I was running cyanogenmod nightlies. At first I was very happy with the phone but after upgrading the firmware to 4.3 I keep getting errors on all of my Wi-Fi networks where it says "Assosiaction Rejected" and thus without noticing I am using my mobile data instead.

So today I decided to root and install CM on it. Only thing is I can;t really find any good tutorials online on how to do so.

I will be following the instructions on Sony's page for rooting purposes, but after that I am lost.

So my questions are:

1. Where can I find a tutorial on flashing CWM or TWRP onto this device?
2. Will the CM versions under "honami" work for this phone? (C6903 with 4.3)

Apologies that I could not post any links to Sony and CM as i am a new user.

Some help will be greatly appreciated as the Wi-Fi issue is a big one for me.

Thanks,
Chris
18th February 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
1) Follow the instruction HERE and you will get your Recovery. Watch the Video Tutorial for Root, it explain well what to do.

2) To flash CM on your phone you have to Unlock Bootloader, if you do that you Warranty will be voided and I recommend to Backup TA first.

BTW, is not recommended to cross over from other Models the Roms, it can damage your phone.

But if you don't care about Warranty and the Risk, is up to you, flash it and see if it will work.
20th February 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

1) Follow the instruction HERE and you will get your Recovery. Watch the Video Tutorial for Root, it explain well what to do.

2) To flash CM on your phone you have to Unlock Bootloader, if you do that you Warranty will be voided and I recommend to Backup TA first.

BTW, is not recommended to cross over from other Models the Roms, it can damage your phone.

But if you don't care about Warranty and the Risk, is up to you, flash it and see if it will work.

What do you mean by i should not cross over from other models? Is the Xperia C6903 not the sony honami, so the roms on CM under honami is correct for my phone?
20th February 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #4  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by clodewyks

What do you mean by i should not cross over from other models? Is the Xperia C6903 not the sony honami, so the roms on CM under honami is correct for my phone?

Right, I think Honami is not the same model. It's like said flash FTF from C6906 on your C6903. It's always Xperia Z1 but the platform is different.
20th February 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Right, I think Honami is not the same model.

I think you are wrong. The code name of C6903 is honami. You can see it on the FreeXperia site here:
http://fxpblog.co/rhine-platform/sony-xperia-z1/
Last edited by dyleks; 20th February 2014 at 07:44 PM.
20th February 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #6  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyleks

I think you are wrong. The code name of C6903 is honami. You can see it on the FreeXperia site here:
http://fxpblog.co/rhine-platform/sony-xperia-z1/

So where "Honami" come from?
21st February 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

So where "Honami" come from?

I have no idea who is makeing this names but I am sure for 100% now.
I just got my Sony Xperia Z1 C6903

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodewyks

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to the Z1 from my old S2 where I was running cyanogenmod nightlies. At first I was very happy with the phone but after upgrading the firmware to 4.3 I keep getting errors on all of my Wi-Fi networks where it says "Assosiaction Rejected" and thus without noticing I am using my mobile data instead.

So today I decided to root and install CM on it. Only thing is I can;t really find any good tutorials online on how to do so.

I will be following the instructions on Sony's page for rooting purposes, but after that I am lost.

So my questions are:

1. Where can I find a tutorial on flashing CWM or TWRP onto this device?
2. Will the CM versions under "honami" work for this phone? (C6903 with 4.3)

Apologies that I could not post any links to Sony and CM as i am a new user.

Some help will be greatly appreciated as the Wi-Fi issue is a big one for me.

Thanks,
Chris

I have just got my SXZ1 so I can share with you chow to manage it do get CM11 and how to do it correctly.

1. You have to make sure that you have right version of stock ROM to root it.
it is has to be: 14.1.G.1.534. If you have different please flash it by FlashTool like I had
the newest stock 4.3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...=3277&task=get

2. Now when you have right firmware version you have to root it, forexample by vRoot:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=2

3. When you are root'ed make copy of your TA to backup DRM keys:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292598

4. Now you can unlock bootloader:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2440597

5. Now you have do download 2 files:
CM11: http://fxpblog.co/installation/cyano...yanogenmod-11/
GAPPS for CM11:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

6. Copy both of this files to some microSD card and put it to your SXZ1

7. Flash back the .290 ROM forexample the globar version:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469191

8. Reboot to system to make sure your IMEI is still correct !

9. From CM11 zip file extract boot.img and flash it by FlashTool in fastboot mode

10. After proper flashing of boot.img during tyrning on your SXZ1 when you can see
diode in purple color keep pressing volume up button antil diode will change do orange.
Then you will enter CWM

11. Install from microSD card CM11 than GAPPS and make full wipa and cache wipe.

12. After configuration youcan go to updates and download the newest CM11 nightly

13. It is done

Now you can enjoy with your SXZ1 with the newest CM11 as I am
Last edited by dyleks; 22nd February 2014 at 01:03 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank