Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G keeps on rebooting and updating

Tip us?

scott_doyland
Old
Thanks Meter 131
When stuff goes wrong we all learn a lot more than if it always went to plan, so its good we have learnt some new things today.

When 4.4.3 is out it'll all be easy now

dutchxl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Everything is working again! With AdbWinUsbApi.dll I could find my device and flash it. And with the help of this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219 I was able to restore the firmware as it was...nearly...I had a Dutch (EU) version, now it's US...no big deal.

irishpancake
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchxl View Post
Everything is working again! With AdbWinUsbApi.dll I could find my device and flash it. And with the help of this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219 I was able to restore the firmware as it was...nearly...I had a Dutch (EU) version, now it's US...no big deal.
Man....you did what I did, and ended up with US 4.4.....

I had UK Tesco 4.3, with an OTA sitting in \cache, but tried to flash with CWM Recovery, messed up, panicked, but things are good now, latest CWM, rooted with SuperSU.

There is also a CWM zip to restore your H indicator for HSPA mobile speed, as US ROM only has 3G for this, and it also modifies the cell signal bars back to normal Android width.....

SystemUI_AOSP_Statusbar-signed.zip

Thanks to tilaz and flibbelsan on Modaco

Good luck from here on,

arokan
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
This morning my device was asking if it could do a firmware (?) update. I confirmed and of that moment it keeps on rebooting and trying to install an update. Whatever I try I can't get through the loop of updating/rebooting. I thought that maybe via the bootloader (which is working) I can install a new ROM or restore the stock firmware, but nothing is helping. When in the bootloader, the PC can find the device although it is connected (USB connected)

What I see when it's rebooting:

Install untrusted package?
this can not be undone

- no
- yes
- go back

CWM based recovery v6.0.4.5
E: invalid command argument
finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
e: failed to verify whole-file signature
e:signature verification failed

what ever I choose it goes to the next screen:

root access possibly lost. Fix?
this can not be undone

finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
Installation aborted
rebooting...

...and it starts all over again...it boots normally but after 10 sec it reboots again...

Has somebody any idea what the problem is and how it can be solved. As it is, I can't do anything with this mobile.

Thanks for your help!
I had the same situation just now. Accidentally confirmed the OTA update prompt, then the phone goes bootloop. After fiddling here and there, turns out the solution was simple. Reboot to bootloader, connect usb to PC, then wipe the cache using fastboot (fastboot erase cache). It will remove the OTA update zip file and stops the bootloop. Now I need to disable OTA update prompt.

Papshmir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
just got the same problem!

solution that worked with me: booted in recovery, connected to pc, [left shift]+[right klick] on folder that contains mfastboot.exe, open prompt, type "mfastboot erase cache". done!

system update is now stopped

Quote:
This morning my device was asking if it could do a firmware (?) update. I confirmed and of that moment it keeps on rebooting and trying to install an update. Whatever I try I can't get through the loop of updating/rebooting. I thought that maybe via the bootloader (which is working) I can install a new ROM or restore the stock firmware, but nothing is helping. When in the bootloader, the PC can find the device although it is connected (USB connected)

this can not be undone

- no
- yes
- go back

finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package

this can not be undone

finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
Installation aborted
rebooting...

...and it starts all over again...it boots normally but after 10 sec it reboots again...

Has somebody any idea what the problem is and how it can be solved. As it is, I can't do anything with this mobile.

Thanks for your help!

OTA_
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

this can not be undone

- no
- yes
- go back

finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package

this can not be undone

finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
Installation aborted
rebooting...

Thanks for your help!
i repost a solution i have found to install OTA without wiping data, loosing root or flashing stock rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...33&postcount=9