Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to write serial numbers to the MB

Tip us?

tmcconnell80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt How to write serial numbers to the MB

I am trying to either find a legal program that can be used to do nothing more than write a serial number to a tablet Motherboard, or even find a way to create a simple program/app to do this for me. In replacing a board on a Samsung Android tablet, yellow block letter text appears on screen as well as displays incorrect serial number, anyone at all have any ideas on this. Needed for android tablets only though.
Thanks

Hassan 4
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcconnell80 View Post
I am trying to either find a legal program that can be used to do nothing more than write a serial number to a tablet Motherboard, or even find a way to create a simple program/app to do this for me. In replacing a board on a Samsung Android tablet, yellow block letter text appears on screen as well as displays incorrect serial number, anyone at all have any ideas on this. Needed for android tablets only though.
Thanks
it seems you have problem with your /efs partition which contains All Device information like serial and IMEI and MAC Address ,, If youhave a backup of it ,, you can restore it and your problem will be fixed ,, Otherwise You Must go to Samsung Service Center

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
Rom: Official CyanogenMod 11 latest nightly
Recovery: CWM v6.0.5.0
Old Device: hTc Explorer