Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help a noob: A13 tablet.

Tip us?

NoobForEverYay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help a noob: A13 tablet.

Hi everyone,

I'm freshly registered and totally ignorant in all Android and tablets stuff. Also please excuse my english, and if I haven't posted in the right place.

I recently bought this tablet [MID tablet, GPU MALI 400, 512 MB RAM, Android 4.0.4, CPU: Boxchip A13 Cortex A8 1.2GHz], I wanted a light portable device and for the price it seemed like an excellent offer.

At first I was pleased but then found the device too slow, hard to handle, etc (I couldn't watch videos that required Flash 9.0). So I decided to upgrade the OS from Android 4.0.4 to Cyanmogen 9.0. I used PhoenixCard 3.06 on a 16Gb SD. The burn was succefull. I plugged then the SD into the tablet, it flashed, the green bar was fully filled and at the very last end it showed "sprite update error: failed to open part file [@". Not knowing what was the issue I took back the SD, turned on the tablet then at the little Android logo, it froze, and the logo splashed lol. No way to turn the tablet on again. I'm downloading right now the firmware ROM and hope to make a succefull flash.

Is there anything I might do to get it back working if this doesn't?

Thanks.

wyklocnik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
probably not. most of those chineese allwinner tablets are lacking built in recovery, so hard reset to factory settings is probably not an option.
flashing stock rom is the way to go.