Is there anyway to get past the Galaxy S4 Password Lockscreen?

Search This thread
Feb 21, 2014
My little brother passed away recently and we have been trying to get into his Galaxy S4 to figure out some things leading up to his death. We have tried to guess it and that hasn't work and also tried calling AT&T which was also no help. Is there any possible way of getting around the password protect or are we just wasting out time? Thanks guys

sizemore2000

Jun 12, 2012
Tahlequah
Hold the power button, home button, and volume up. When phone boots up, let go of everything except the volume up. Choose wipe data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Sorry, but that's the only way. Plug into USB and u can get pics and files. Sorry bout your bro.

jvnat

Dec 21, 2011
Hold the power button, home button, and volume up. When phone boots up, let go of everything except the volume up. Choose wipe data.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Sorry, but that's the only way. Plug into USB and u can get pics and files. Sorry bout your bro.

I don't know how to get past the lockscreen, but doing a full wipe will defeat the purpose of what he wants. As mentioned, you should be able to get to the pics and files if you plug in with USB.

atx84

Dec 8, 2008
Austin
There is supposed to be a way with cmd from a pc But they have to have USB debugging on the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
The only options are plug it in and use Minimal Fastboot and ADB to get adb and use commands to disable the lock, or if you know the password to the Gmail account you can use the "Forgotten password" option after putting it in incorrectly a certain number of times.

Whizzpopper

Apr 4, 2012
Iowa
There are ways but the first thing you need to find out is if he activated debugging on his phone. The only way to know is to install adb on your computer, plug in the phone to the computer, and in terminal type adb remount (or something similar - it depends on your os)

Reactions: Witchd0ctor

C13v3r0n3

May 13, 2013
Need debugging active then just do adb shell and type wipe data, this will wipe all user data and retain the system.

RK

Feb 8, 2012
If the phone has a custom recovery, boot into it and do a nandroid to external SD. Then, grab it from there, and read what you want. If not, see if his phone has adb enabled. If yes, and if the phone has a MDL bootloader, you can root and install custom recovery using CASUAL. You may have to have adb enabled AND a computer previously authorized to communicate with the phone. If not, I am afraid there isn't much to be done..

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2014
What about now? I understand that there has been an update available for the phone. Does anyone know if there has been a loophole discovered to get into the phone on the new update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are ways but the first thing you need to find out is if he activated debugging on his phone. The only way to know is to install adb on your computer, plug in the phone to the computer, and in terminal type adb remount (or something similar - it depends on your os)