Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi problems after modem update

Tip us?

LucentPhoenix
Old
(Last edited by LucentPhoenix; 21st February 2014 at 04:00 PM.) Reason: added details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Wifi problems after modem update

During a recent update, I noticed that I've never updated my modem on my GS3. So I went on over to this thread and grabbed I747UCUEMJB to install it.

After installing it, though, I can't connect to 802.11n at home on 2.4 GHz. I can connect to the 5 GHz antenna just fine, but not the 2.4 GHz one (It's a single, dual-network router/AP). At work, I can connect to 2.4 GHz just fine (I don't know what flavor of 802.11 they're using here).

What happens is, I'll tap the network I want to connect to, enter my key, and then it just says "Saved and secured" or whatever the message is when it has saved the network, but it isn't connected to it. If I tap on my 5 GHZ network, it connects just fine. But tap on my 2.4 and it never connects (and never gives me an error, either).

The reason I want to use the 2.4 GHz network is that, for whatever reason, I get better signal from it, especially in the basement of my house.

So, can I just flash a different modem? Maybe try the next-most-recent one (I747UCDMG2)? I ask because I thought I remembered seeing some thread talking about downgrading from I747UCUEMJB that warned that you could brick your device by doing that...

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 345
You can flash an older modem but not an older bootloader.