Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UPDATES

Tip us?

cars10k
Old
(Last edited by cars10k; 20th February 2014 at 11:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Hope it will work - stuck at 1/4 for 20min now.

e: works. awesome!

Ouzo
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Same here, also in the UK.

Some observations.

The new game controller mapper is excellent so far. I just created a profile for Epic Citadel and it works well. I'm using a Moga Pro Controller in B mode. We should now be able to use controllers for games that don't natively support them.

The bug where unmounting an external hard drive through settings/storage would also partially unmount the microSD card seems to have gone, though I've only tried it once.

The bug when using an external keyboard via Bluetooth or USB OTG where the 'auto correct', 'double tap space bar' and 'auto capitalise' options in the external hardware keyboard section do not work, remains. Shame.

The problems with HDMI out also remain, where video output that was smooth under the original firmware (4.2?) has micro stutters. No idea why, my movies aren't even HD. Also, the ability to zoom in in MX Player to force HDMI output to fill the edges of the TV screen that was possible with the original firmware (which was very useful indeed) has not made a return in this update.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars10k View Post
Hope it will work - stuck at 1/4 for 20min now.

e: works. awesome!
Same thing happened to me then it suddenly completed. I had a bit of a panic about it 😉

cars10k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
exactly like that. anyway, I might have just noticed something that's a huge bummer to me - I can't find battery percentage for the statusbar??

Ouzo
Old
(Last edited by Ouzo; 21st February 2014 at 12:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
exactly like that. anyway, I might have just noticed something that's a huge bummer to me - I can't find battery percentage for the statusbar??
I can't find it either.

I'm not sure I like the KK keyboard either....I want my apostrophe back on the first page

NOVA 3 still thinks we have Nvidia Shields so touch controls don't work. I haven't tried clearing data on the game or reinstalling it though.

Modern Combat 3 no longer works....

jon7701
Old
(Last edited by jon7701; 21st February 2014 at 01:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
So, i flashed my tegra note back to stock and now im stuck on the welcome screen because for some unknown reason my wifi refuses to connect to any network and just sits on obtaining ip address. I have tried flashing a boot image, i have tried wiping again, i have tried rebooting.

Edit: Fixed it by using advanced options to put a static IP.
Current Phone: HTC Rezound(Vigor) S-OFF!!
Rom: Carbon 4.4.2 || Kernel: Stock 4.4, Undervolted -100mV || Hboot: Stock 2.28
Radios: 2.23.10.0123r, 2.23.10.0124r || Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Current Tablet: Tegra Note 7
Rom: Stock 4.4.2 || Kernel: Stock Kernel || Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6

If i help you in anyway please remember to hit that Thanks button.

fbales
Old
(Last edited by fbales; 21st February 2014 at 10:27 PM.) Reason: Added thought.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Got My Update to KitKat

I got my update late yesterday afternoon. Whole thing went without a hitch, though it took a long time. Then when finally done couldn't get it to work (things wouldn't open couldn't swipe to another screen, and stuff like that), so rebooted, and then it was fine. I'm really pleased that Nvidia got KitKat 4.4.2 out this fast. Good job, Nvidia!

Just wanted to mention too that it does seem faster, reality? Maybe not. Swiping screens, and multitasking is definitely smoother.

fbales
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Me Too

Quote:
I don't like not having the battery percentage either, and I don't like the white icons, but it is what it is, I guess, that the way Google designed KitKat.