External vs Internal sdcard

21st February 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
I've read in a couple places people talking about putting your ROM image onto external or internal sdcard. What is the internal sdcard? Is this just the phone's standard internal file system or is it something separate? Where is it if I look in a file manager?

Related question: if I use internal storage to upload a ROM image I want to flash, where's the best place to put it? Right in / (root)? Or somewhere better?
21st February 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 878

3,034 posts
More
Basically it's your internal storage:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st February 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3,887

4,928 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j111

I've read in a couple places people talking about putting your ROM image onto external or internal sdcard. What is the internal sdcard? Is this just the phone's standard internal file system or is it something separate? Where is it if I look in a file manager?

Related question: if I use internal storage to upload a ROM image I want to flash, where's the best place to put it? Right in / (root)? Or somewhere better?

Internal storage is a 9GB partition on your phone's 16GB internal memory. It acts as if it was any other SD card.

It works fine in conjunction with an external SD card. You will see SD0 and SD1 in any file explorer app. SD0 is the internal. SD1 is the external.

It doesn't matter if you put the ROM you want to flash on the internal or external. Recovery can see it in either place. And the directly doesn't matter. Jus tput it in a directyory you can remember when you're looking for it in recovery. I think most peopl ejus tuse the defaul DOWNLOADS directory.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles

3,034 posts
More
I usually put the ROMs I'm going to flash in internal storage, but I erase them a lot.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393013726811.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2592926  
21st February 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles

3,034 posts
More
Yes, in root.

21st February 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
Thanks for the replies!

When using the different wipe options in recovery, does the 9GB internal partition (sd0) get wiped by any of the typical wipe choices?
21st February 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Los Angeles

3,034 posts
More
Wiping data does.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread