[Q] Assets for Android Developement Changes?

22nd February 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi.
I am Leo. I am a visual UX designer within a product team. I have an honest question, that I could not find being discussed anywhere on the web.
I am aware of the multiple asset formats that are required for Android development (hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi, and so on). Since I read that most new startups find it easier to develop apps for the mobile devices first in iOS format instead of Android, my question is this:

Is anyone to your knowledge working on an Android solution to this need for multiple image formats? I know this is required because so many different devices and screens are supported. But i have always wondered why no one is working on something in the code that would take the most high density image and 'res' it down via the code, to work on all devices. Therefore allowing a visual UX designer like myself, the ability to design at the highest resolution and provide only one image asset to my development team.

For iOs devices to sets of image assets are supplied to engineering. standard size and the @2x size. I believe Android adoption and apps would increase if the production time for these image assets could be minimized by business.

Thank you for any info, that helps me understand if this is not doable or any links to articles where people are discussing this very issue.
Sincerely,
Leo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread