FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[SOLVED] Recovery and fastboot problems (soft bricked?)

247 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By firtvid20, Senior Member on 9th January 2014, 11:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st February 2014, 03:55 PM |#21  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firtvid20

Since I'm not able to boot into Android would anyone be able to tell me what is the SKU on the picture below? So I can flash the correct firmware.

EDIT: Found it in the bootloader in small text. -.- It was the "WW" version.

I would suggest reflashing the stock firmware that is already on the device. Once it is completely factory fresh, you can start over with a new custom ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st February 2014, 11:43 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

I would suggest reflashing the stock firmware that is already on the device. Once it is completely factory fresh, you can start over with a new custom ROM.

Yeah I tried flashing the recovery and it didn't write over the current (broken) one.
How would I go about flashing the firmware through fastboot? I can't seem to find a guide for it.

EDIT: Found one finally: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to...back-to-stock/
I tried it and it looked like it worked. I tried rebooting through fastboot but nothing happened. So I rebooted the tablet by holding down the power button. But when I rebooted it just went back into the broken recovery, like nothing really happened..

Code:
C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  2.781s]
sending 'system' (800931 KB)...
OKAY [132.700s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [  2.438s]
finished. total time: 137.919s

C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.563s

C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot devices
????????????    fastboot

C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.563s
Last edited by firtvid20; 22nd February 2014 at 12:06 AM.
22nd February 2014, 12:35 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 312
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firtvid20

Yeah I tried flashing the recovery and it didn't write over the current (broken) one.
How would I go about flashing the firmware through fastboot? I can't seem to find a guide for it.

EDIT: Found one finally: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to...back-to-stock/
I tried it and it looked like it worked. I tried rebooting through fastboot but nothing happened. So I rebooted the tablet by holding down the power button. But when I rebooted it just went back into the broken recovery, like nothing really happened..

Code:
C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  2.781s]
sending 'system' (800931 KB)...
OKAY [132.700s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [  2.438s]
finished. total time: 137.919s

C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.563s

C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot devices
????????????    fastboot

C:\Users\user\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.563s

Have to wipe first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=12 <-- follow that
The Following User Says Thank You to ebildude123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 12:39 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebildude123

Have to wipe first.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=12 <-- follow that

Thank you so much for your help man! I actually found the same post somewhere else and tried it out (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=38).
Now I have booted into Android 4.2 successfully. Yay thanks heaps!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot, fastboot, problem, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes