XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Set Warranty Bit: Kernel...no boot

Tip us?

Dirtylarry11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Set Warranty Bit: Kernel...no boot

Hi All, I currently have wicked rom on my note 3 tmobile, but I have tried to flash 2 different Roms, and after flash I get the "Set Warranty Bit: Kernel" message at the top of screen, but I dont get anything else...there is nothing else about seandroid or whatever, I do get the Samsung logo but It just sits there. I have TWRP installed 2.6.3 I believe it is, I'm new to this phone and the terminology etc, but I just cant get anywhere with it. Im guessing it has something to do with my phone still having Android 4.3 on it? SM-N900T is the model....can someone enlighten me on this?....I'd like to try a Kit Kat rom..Thanks for your time!!!!

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtylarry11 View Post
Hi All, I currently have wicked rom on my note 3 tmobile, but I have tried to flash 2 different Roms, and after flash I get the "Set Warranty Bit: Kernel" message at the top of screen, but I dont get anything else...there is nothing else about seandroid or whatever, I do get the Samsung logo but It just sits there. I have TWRP installed 2.6.3 I believe it is, I'm new to this phone and the terminology etc, but I just cant get anywhere with it. Im guessing it has something to do with my phone still having Android 4.3 on it? SM-N900T is the model....can someone enlighten me on this?....I'd like to try a Kit Kat rom..Thanks for your time!!!!

This here is the International Note 3 forum.

You should probably ask in the specific T-Mobile Note 3 forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-tmobile
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

Dirtylarry11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
This here is the International Note 3 forum.

You should probably ask in the specific T-Mobile Note 3 forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-tmobile
I put it here, because it's not a tmobile issue, I was just stating what phone it was...but thanks

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 693
To use a Samsung based kit kat build you'd first have to flash the kit kat boot loader from an official firmware. This is not reversible and there would be no going back to stock 4.3.
I did it and my only issue was the sd card security bug but that's easy to fix if you have root.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Note 3 is a beast

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 493
You might need to check if you have re-activation lock activated. This is generally the culprit for not allowing boot.
You need to flash stock rom then untick re-activation lock.
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

aleksa6767
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtylarry11 View Post
I have had the same problem. Solved it by flashing the stock KK firmware.

You can download it from sammobile.com

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk