Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nearly Bricked, Please Help

Tip us?

Gizmoe
Old
Thanks Meter 827
Have you tried it with cache or system? Does fastboot oem rebootRUU give you an error too like the op?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

You could also hit up Mike1986 to see if he can help you out. He wrote the thread and does help people in irc. It's worth a shot.
Sent From my HTC One S-Off via rumrunners or Firewater/Weaksauce combo
Need a DropBox account? use this link DropBox

Other Devices:
HTC Inspire 4g S-Off/Rooted(Ace device info all in one place Ace Think Tank)
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD stock
Nexus 7 rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbeavis19
Old
(Last edited by jbeavis19; 21st February 2014 at 05:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I gave up and warrantied the phone and now it has 4.4.2 on it so no rooting until ther is a method that works and I'm not sure I'll try another custom rom any time soon.

@Gizmoe, thanks for the suggestion, that is an approach that I didn't try, I thought I went through them all.

eicos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
Have you tried it with cache or system? Does fastboot oem rebootRUU give you an error too like the op?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

You could also hit up Mike1986 to see if he can help you out. He wrote the thread and does help people in irc. It's worth a shot.
Thanks @Gizmoe, I had the same error with fastboot oem rebootRUU as the op. I am 99.999% sure the EMMC got fried somehow. Probably I hard booted the phone at a bad time during the installation or something - or maybe it was just ready to die. In any case I also have warrantied the phone. Replacement to arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping it doesn't have 4.4.2, though it probably will. @mike1986., do you have any light to shed on this topic?

wantasmartcookie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
I got my phone to a state where I could push a rom down to it using that fix. Thanks for the help! (I've created an entirely different thread detailing my new problem) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2657211