Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nearly Bricked, Please Help

OP jbeavis19

21st February 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #11  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 827

2,056 posts
More
Have you tried it with cache or system? Does fastboot oem rebootRUU give you an error too like the op?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

You could also hit up Mike1986 to see if he can help you out. He wrote the thread and does help people in irc. It's worth a shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
I gave up and warrantied the phone and now it has 4.4.2 on it so no rooting until ther is a method that works and I'm not sure I'll try another custom rom any time soon.

@Gizmoe, thanks for the suggestion, that is an approach that I didn't try, I thought I went through them all.
Last edited by jbeavis19; 21st February 2014 at 06:22 PM.
21st February 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #13  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoe

Have you tried it with cache or system? Does fastboot oem rebootRUU give you an error too like the op?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

You could also hit up Mike1986 to see if he can help you out. He wrote the thread and does help people in irc. It's worth a shot.

Thanks @Gizmoe, I had the same error with fastboot oem rebootRUU as the op. I am 99.999% sure the EMMC got fried somehow. Probably I hard booted the phone at a bad time during the installation or something - or maybe it was just ready to die. In any case I also have warrantied the phone. Replacement to arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping it doesn't have 4.4.2, though it probably will. @mike1986., do you have any light to shed on this topic?
22nd February 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #14  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoe

@wantasmartcookie @eicos
@jbeavis19

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...c-one.html?m=1

Try this out.

I got my phone to a state where I could push a rom down to it using that fix. Thanks for the help! (I've created an entirely different thread detailing my new problem) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2657211
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread