Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RocketTab 3.1 flash problem

Tip us?
 
BoatUser
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] RocketTab 3.1 flash problem

I must first say THANK YOU ALL (gr8nole, phil13 , jamison904 and many many more,sorry for not mentioning you) for so much useful information and development on all aspects of the Samsung tab 3 7.0 (SMT210, SMT210R)

I was wondering what I am doing wrong?????????/

Rooted SMT210, with prerooted.tar.md5 from jamison904, flashed philz_touch 6 CWM recovery, then tried everything to flash rom NO success, as the error is constantWith cwm(philz_touch 6) recovery, Odin3.07, Hiemdall under raring 13.04).

Tried on both linux and windows 7 machines. (Download checked and md5 ok)

Format () expects5 args, got 4
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Any ideas would be gratefully received

My aim is to achieve BlackHauwk Kernel, RocketTab Rom +++
 
Ripshock
Old
#2  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 798
Join Date: Dec 2013
Uncheck the update binary thing in philz touch 6 cmw recovery it's in install zip

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Just don't get foolish, read the Rules
and stay cOoOoOol
 
BoatUser
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
Uncheck the update binary thing in philz touch 6 cmw recovery it's in install zip

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
I don't seem to have found this, and have checked most of the settings, am a novice with android but as a geriatric can use linux, so terminal is also no prob.
 
Ripshock
Old
#4  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 798
Join Date: Dec 2013
What is your device model?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Just don't get foolish, read the Rules
and stay cOoOoOol
 
BoatUser
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
What is your device model?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Model is SM T210, Tab3 7.0 (Uk purchased)
 
Ripshock
Old
#6  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 798
Join Date: Dec 2013
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Tap on "install zip"
3. Scroll down (swipe up) and there is "don't allow old update-binary", it is check by default and you just uncheck it bay tapping once on it
P.s it resets when rebooting
4. Install any zip you want

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Just don't get foolish, read the Rules
and stay cOoOoOol
 
BoatUser
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
SO Model SMT210 and 6860, 04e8
 
BoatUser
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Tap on "install zip"
3. Scroll down (swipe up) and there is "don't allow old update-binary", it is check by default and you just uncheck it bay tapping once on it
P.s it resets when rebooting
4. Install any zip you want

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
You are an apsolute super star it worked a treat, thank you soo much.

I have spent alot of time as a newbie in this world, looking at various options, most of which are confusing to most people (me included) so after I have done a couple of other devices I was thinking of posting an Idiots guide.

Should I post it? and if yes Where should I post it
 
Ripshock
Old
#9  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 798
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatUser View Post
You are an apsolute super star it worked a treat, thank you soo much.

I have spent alot of time as a newbie in this world, looking at various options, most of which are confusing to most people (me included) so after I have done a couple of other devices I was thinking of posting an Idiots guide.

Should I post it? and if yes Where should I post it
In q&a, I would post

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Just don't get foolish, read the Rules
and stay cOoOoOol
 
BoatUser
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
In q&a, I would post

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Thank you

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more