Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,214 Members 43,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question on downgrade

Tip us?

elite-fusion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Question on downgrade

I originally updated from MI1 to MJ7, which was a stupid move, but just wondering if there is anyway to downgrade back in order to have full root and benefits?

I want to restore my phone and if I can go back, that would be great, because I don't want to go forward because if there is a new upadte it would make it worse instead of better, in terms of rooting.

Please advise

cmlucht
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-fusion View Post
I originally updated from MI1 to MJ7, which was a stupid move, but just wondering if there is anyway to downgrade back in order to have full root and benefits?

I want to restore my phone and if I can go back, that would be great, because I don't want to go forward because if there is a new upadte it would make it worse instead of better, in terms of rooting.

Please advise
you can root mj7 mine is
samsung galaxy i717 note / traded for a s3 for the wife.
im now using a Verizon gs4.
using net10 wireless service.
unlimited everything
$50 dollars.
not used to locked up non gsm phones.

elite-fusion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
i heard that vroot isnt a good way to go...no?

Can I install custom roms on MJ7?

what would be the best way to restore this? with a file, or just go through the settings and do a factory reset?

madtomatoes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i heard that vroot isnt a good way to go...no?

Can I install custom roms on MJ7?

what would be the best way to restore this? with a file, or just go through the settings and do a factory reset?
Just keep taking OTAs up to MK2 (The latest). From there you can root and install safestrap (and a safestrap compatible rom). You cannot flash AOSP roms; the bootloader is locked down post MDK. This thread is pretty much all you need http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

elite-fusion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
so can mk2 be rooted?

scryan
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
so can mk2 be rooted?
You should probably read the stickied thread at the top of the forum.
Its called What you need to know before, during and after modifying your verizon S4
Its probably relevant to your interests no?
This is the second time someone has linked you to it. I promise you if you READ THE WHOLE THING before asking anymore questions, you wont have questions to ask.

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
so can mk2 be rooted?
Yes. Search for "Saferoot". I can't stress enough....... RESEARCH FIRST. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk 4
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

elite-fusion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
alright, one last question because it is NOT listed in that thread,

Where can i download the mk2 to load it manually because i am not a verizon customer but have a verizon s4 which i use with tmobile so it does not allow me to do OTA because it keeps telling me that Service is temporarily unavailable.

Please advise

scryan
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
alright, one last question because it is NOT listed in that thread,

Where can i download the mk2 to load it manually because i am not a verizon customer but have a verizon s4 which i use with tmobile so it does not allow me to do OTA because it keeps telling me that Service is temporarily unavailable.

Please advise
As linked to from the provided thead Customizing your Verizon Galaxy S4 - what's possible and what's not
Has links to the updates that it is possible to flash, see the recover by reflashing stock section.
Seriously, its a pretty expensive phone and you can totally ruin it. Not a bad idea to read through that info people keep trying to give you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]