Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP! Galaxy S3 freezing and erasing stuff!

OP icytux

31st January 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,168

1,483 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icytux

@mikeman45
Look, I'm sorry for sounding like an ass and insulting you if I did, I really didn't mean to come by that way but I did know to format , Data, System, Cache, Dalvik Cache three times or more before installing a new ROM or before flashing with ODIN, I've used different USB cables, re-downloaded files, ports and even different computers, the one thing I did not know from everything everyone here has said was fixing permissions, I'll try that, thanks.

It's OK I understand your frustration. I am a mechanic /electrician and work on half a million to 1 million dollar equipment everyday and when there is a problem I start off with the simple stuff and just keep eliminating things until I find the problem. That's all I was trying to do with my advice to you. Now since we know you went through all that simple stuff I would do like Vectus said and wipe your internal as well. Save the important stuff obviously so you can transfer it back to phone from your computer. I would also backup your sd card and reformat it. Then download the rom you want and make sure you have the matching firmware /modem /kernel ect .... That you will need. That would be my next step if I was you and if it all works good put the Stuff that you want /need back a few at a time so if it happens again it will be easier to pin point if you have a corrupted file somewhere. Keep us updated as we will try our best to continue to help.

Sent from my Wicked GS3
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeman45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman45

It's OK I understand your frustration. I am a mechanic /electrician and work on half a million to 1 million dollar equipment everyday and when there is a problem I start off with the simple stuff and just keep eliminating things until I find the problem. That's all I was trying to do with my advice to you. Now since we know you went through all that simple stuff I would do like Vectus said and wipe your internal as well. Save the important stuff obviously so you can transfer it back to phone from your computer. I would also backup your sd card and reformat it. Then download the rom you want and make sure you have the matching firmware /modem /kernel ect .... That you will need. That would be my next step if I was you and if it all works good put the Stuff that you want /need back a few at a time so if it happens again it will be easier to pin point if you have a corrupted file somewhere. Keep us updated as we will try our best to continue to help.

Sent from my Wicked GS3

Thank you, I will be doing this tonight, I'll update the status in a day or two to see if it worked or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to icytux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,168

1,483 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you, I will be doing this tonight, I'll update the status in a day or two to see if it worked or not.

Any good news?

Sent from my Wicked GS3
11th February 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Hey, sorry for the long wait, my ISP thought it would be funny to cease my internet connection even though I paid this month, anyway.

Sadly no luck, the phone continues to do random reboots, shut downs and such, thankfully contacts, text messages or apps haven't been deleted, so I guess that' one problem fixed.
15th February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
bump
21st February 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:

bump

bump
22nd February 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,040

10,322 posts
More
I know this is a long shot. But back in the day I had an OG EVO 4G with a bad factory battery. The battery was causing an intermittent short ( it was a manufacturing defect in the battery) . Thereby causing the voltage to fluctuate wildly, causing reboots. So with that in mind. Have you tried a different battery ? Just trying to eliminate possibilities.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread