XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sd card partition problem

Tip us?

koubos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default sd card partition problem

Hello everyone.I made the sd card partition but now I do not have any songs or anything inside SD .They have all deleted or what?Please,tell me what to do so i can restore them.Thank you

Galaxy_Rohit
Old
Thanks Meter 194
When sd partition is made, the sd card is formatted during patitioning. & there is no way to recover files afterwards.

Harpratap
Old
Thanks Meter 578
Yes, you can restore them provided that you haven't used the sdcard much.
Use Recuva for windows or TestDisk for linux.

pritishp333
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by koubos View Post
Hello everyone.I made the sd card partition but now I do not have any songs or anything inside SD .They have all deleted or what?Please,tell me what to do so i can restore them.Thank you
if windows ain't detecting anything, that means you've created the first partition as ext 2/3/4 (which is wrong partitioning), the first partition should be FAT32 and primary, and the second small partition should be ext 2/3/4 and primary (and i guess you're using it for swap or link2sd etc), and after partitioning, if your windows is detecting properly your first FAT32 partition then you can restore deleted file using Recuva or tune up utilities (and loads of other softwares), recovery is possible after formatting, with a bit of luck... (ie those deleted files shoundt be over-written with some other files you copied to your card)

Gemmy Johnson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First don't reuse SD card to save files and try with Remo Recover.