Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Relay 4g proximity sensor fix?

Tip us?

d4dd7wh0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Relay 4g proximity sensor fix?

Hello again everyone! Has anyone else had an issue during calls with the proximity sensor? When I take the phone away frorm my ear the screen does not away come back on.. I have googled it wihtout much luck. Does anyone know any tips to use to recalibrate it on cm11 with a relay 4g? The only thing I found was this link [I can't post links, but google 'calibrate proximity sensor android legend' should be 1st result] but towards the end the *#0*# dialer code used to test it doesnt work so im not sure if the fix will work or not. Since I expect all of you to be using your Relay 4g's as a phone, you guys must have done something. What do you all suggest? Thank you all for your help!!

Dominic

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4dd7wh0 View Post
Hello again everyone! Has anyone else had an issue during calls with the proximity sensor? When I take the phone away frorm my ear the screen does not away come back on.. I have googled it wihtout much luck. Does anyone know any tips to use to recalibrate it on cm11 with a relay 4g? The only thing I found was this link [I can't post links, but google 'calibrate proximity sensor android legend' should be 1st result] but towards the end the *#0*# dialer code used to test it doesnt work so im not sure if the fix will work or not. Since I expect all of you to be using your Relay 4g's as a phone, you guys must have done something. What do you all suggest? Thank you all for your help!!

Dominic
is it doing it for you in any rom or just one rom in particular?
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

d4dd7wh0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
is it doing it for you in any rom or just one rom in particular?
CM11-M3 is the only one I've had the issue with.. It's happened during the day, but I spoke to my wife on the phone tonight and outside at night it worked fine. I have been using this rom for 2days so far and i dont make too many phone calls, but its happened roughy half the time..

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4dd7wh0 View Post
CM11-M3 is the only one I've had the issue with.. It's happened during the day, but I spoke to my wife on the phone tonight and outside at night it worked fine. I have been using this rom for 2days so far and i dont make too many phone calls, but its happened roughy half the time..
ok that ensures its the Rom and not hardware...ill lok into it a bit more but its an issue in hex coding within /system/lib/hw/ and was built with this issue from source....had this issue on my last device and was fixed
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated