Enable wcdma band

Tip us?

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 3833

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisrs View Post
I have the movistar sim card installed, i live in Costa Rica.
The only thing that I can think of, is that the Radio itself is not allowing the device to set the frequency.

brian117
Old
(Last edited by brian117; 21st February 2014 at 09:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have the same problem

Here in Costa Rica movistar uses 850 MHz band por hsdpa, if i dial *#2263# the menu works, but when i select wcdma 850 from the menu the cell phone loses completely the signal.

It seems to work only with 2g as it only connects with edge, its very frustrating
Shot in the dark here but have you tried changing your APN settings around? Found this on a support forum for Movistar (translated with Chrome so it might not be 100% accurate)

http://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Soft...d/td-p/1064268

Quote:
B) If your phone has Android version 4.x:

. 1 - From the main menu go to the Settings menu, and under "Wireless", click "More Settings" or "More".
. 2 - Verify that the "airplane mode" is unchecked, then click on "Mobile networks".
. 3 - Check the box "mobile data" is checked, and click "Access Point Names" or "APN".
. 4 - Press the button "Options / Menu" and select "new apn". Fill in the following fields with this data:

Name Movistar
APN movistar.es
Proxy <Do set>
Puerto <Do set>
Username MOVISTAR
Password MOVISTAR
Server <Do set>
MMSC <Do set>
MMS Proxy <Do set>
Puerto MMS <Do set>
MCC 214
MNC 07
Type PAP authentication
Type APN type "default" (without the quotes) or leave it blank.

Finally press "Options" and "Save", and select (by clicking the circle to the right of the name of the apn) the connection you created to use it.

As before, you have this choice, valid for Internet and multimedia messages MMS configuration:

Name Telefonica
APN telefonica.es
Proxy 10138255133
Username telephone
Password telephone
Server <Do set>
MMSC http://mms.movistar.com
MMS Proxy 10.138.255.5
Puerto MMS 8080
MCC 214
MNC 07
Type PAP authentication
Type APN type "default, supl, mms" (without the quotes)

Finally press "Options" and "Save", and select (by clicking the circle to the right of the name of the apn) the connection you created to use it.

Once done, the NPC will be properly configured and can access the Internet.

crisrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
The only thing that I can think of, is that the Radio itself is not allowing the device to set the frequency.
Then what radio can i flash?

I have tried flashing the stock MK2 and MDL basebands, but the result is the same. I also saw this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2381567

But i have not been able to make any of the other phones radios work.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian117 View Post
Shot in the dark here but have you tried changing your APN settings around? Found this on a support forum for Movistar (translated with Chrome so it might not be 100% accurate)

http://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Soft...d/td-p/1064268
Thanks a lot, but i'm sure it's not a settings problem, my girfriend gives tech support for Movistar Costa Rica and she verified everything is well set.

In fact when i first brought the phone to Costa Rica it had android 4.2.2 and 3G worked fine. Problems started when i updated the phone via Odin to android 4.3 (official rom)

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 3833

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I have tried flashing the stock MK2 and MDL basebands, but the result is the same. I also saw this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2381567

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Thanks a lot, but i'm sure it's not a settings problem, my girfriend gives tech support for Movistar Costa Rica and she verified everything is well set.

In fact when i first brought the phone to Costa Rica it had android 4.2.2 and 3G worked fine. Problems started when i updated the phone via Odin to android 4.3 (official rom)
I would contact T-Mobile and even though they might not wanna help you since you aren't on their plans, its still worth a shot.

I am not sure why 4.3 suddenly killed it. Definately seems like they changed something in the radio. You sure its not the area you are in? Maybe the towers are down?

brian117
Old
(Last edited by brian117; 21st February 2014 at 10:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Well if you updated your phone to 4.3 via Odin, then flashing the MDL baseband was pointless because there is no way to currently downgrade to MDL if you're on MK2. You are stuck using the MK2 modem AND bootloader. Try redownloading the Android 4.3 T-Mo Update again and flashing it using Odin 3.07 running it as administrator. Then enable the 850 band. After that go into mobile network settings -> access point names -> and tap the menu button and click reset to default. See if that changes anything.

crisrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian117 View Post
Well if you updated your phone to 4.3 via Odin, then flashing the MDL baseband was pointless because there is no way to currently downgrade to MDL if you're on MK2. You are stuck using the MK2 modem AND bootloader. Try redownloading the Android 4.3 T-Mo Update again and flashing it using Odin 3.07 running it as administrator. Then enable the 850 band. After that go into mobile network settings -> access point names -> and tap the menu button and click reset to default. See if that changes anything.
Just made a fresh install, still the same, stuck on edge. Can this be a hardware problem?? It worked fine when it had 4.2.2 the thing is that i don't know if it was the STOCK 4.2.2

I have tried using it with other cell phone carriers, same story.

I can't call tmobile, as they are not present in my country.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 366
Quote:
Just made a fresh install, still the same, stuck on edge. Can this be a hardware problem?? It worked fine when it had 4.2.2 the thing is that i don't know if it was the STOCK 4.2.2

Then maybe you should call Samsung instead for further assistance.. It sounds like that band was probably disabled with mk2, hardware issue is unlikely

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

brian117
Old
(Last edited by brian117; 22nd February 2014 at 01:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Doubt it is a hardware problem. Most likely some sort of restriction.

T-Mobile has a Live Chat option, but only available through certain hours. If it says agents are busy, click the little gray box that says Live Chat along the scrollbar to the right (keep refreshing if you don't see it). It should bring up the box to submit a chat session regardless. Sorry I can't really be of any help. Never really had any experience with this issue.

crisrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the replies, i'm also out of ideas and don't know what to do so frustrating...

Guess i'm going to Samsung technical assistance, i know there is representation of the brand over here.