FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] backing up failed??!

22nd February 2014, 06:33 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hey, so today i rooted my galaxy note 3 (n9005) using the cfire auto method. i installed cwm recovery on the device and tried creating a nandroid backup. it all goes fine until it says backing up /data then it fails. it does NOT generate a md5 sum file. so i want to ask if the backup i have is OK to use for future restoring or should i do something else. I really dont care about my downloaded apps, when i restore, i just want a stock device.
thanks.
 
 
22nd February 2014, 06:43 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
No, unless it generated md5 sum there won't be any file there. Where did you try saving the file, internal or external sd card?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2014, 06:45 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

No, unless it generated md5 sum there won't be any file there. Where did you try saving the file, internal or external sd card?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

internal, i dont have an sd card so i cant really use external
22nd February 2014, 06:52 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptaiinCaveman

internal, i dont have an sd card so i cant really use external

Oh, ok. Maybe try backing up again?

First time I tried backing up mine it did it successfully even generated a md5 sum. But when I tried to restore, the md5 check failed so since then I just use an external sd card for backup.


Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2014, 07:21 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Oh, ok. Maybe try backing up again?

First time I tried backing up mine it did it successfully even generated a md5 sum. But when I tried to restore, the md5 check failed so since then I just use an external sd card for backup.


Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

ok, so i see that the phone only had 1.2gb of free space, i have deleted some apps and stuff, now i have 6gb of free space. and now it backed up perfectly.
man i feel stupid
thanks for you help though...

EDIT:
wow, the backup was 5gb
Last edited by CaptaiinCaveman; 22nd February 2014 at 07:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank