[Q] Modding info specific to BELL Atrix on 2.3.6?

22nd February 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
More
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to root the BELL Atrix on 2.3.6 so I can install custom recovery and flash a better ROM.

Unfortunately, every guide I find either has flaws, creates problems, works only with 2.3.4 and not 2.3.6, works only for AT&T Atrix and not Bell, creates problems with RAM requiring some RAMfix thing, creates WiFi problems, etc etc.

Could someone point me towards an easy root method for the BELL Atrix on 2.3.6 that works and doesn't cause problems?
What about Unlocking? Is that part of the Rooting process or something separate?

I just want to get the Atrix eventually running a stable Jelly Bean ROM with something close to Stock JB UI so I can give the Atrix to my elderly father, who has indicated he would be willing to try a smartphone. Unfortunately every time I spend a few hours reading about it, I end up with more questions than answers. Seems like everything I find either doesn't apply to the version I have, or just creates problems which I then have to chase down possible solutions for. Before long it's just become too much for someone like me who isn't really good with all this
22nd February 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 567

1,608 posts
More
Find the root method that deals with flashing preinstall.img via fastboot. Thats the one that works for this device, regardless of carrier.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Bootloader unlocking is in the same thread, just follow directions.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread