Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No OS Installed, Can't Mount /data [Solved]

Tip us?
 
Aciz
Old
(Last edited by Aciz; 22nd February 2014 at 11:38 AM.)
#1  
Aciz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] No OS Installed, Can't Mount /data [Solved]

Okayyyy.... So, I was a bit foolish and when trying to install CM11, I wiped my internal storage. So now I don't have OS on my phone. Also, I cannot mount /data in TWRP 2.6.3.0. What to do next as there is no RUU available for Mini? ADB Sideload doesn't work either due to me not being able to mount /data. What do do now? :I
 
theodorius123
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 422
Join Date: Aug 2010
you wiped your internal-SD and have no ROM.zip to install anything? happened to me a few days ago

you can install a ROM via ADB (never did this) or push a new ROM.zip on your /sdcard/ via "adb push" and install this within recovery.
 
Aciz
Old
(Last edited by Aciz; 22nd February 2014 at 10:57 AM.)
#3  
Aciz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodorius123 View Post
you wiped your internal-SD and have no ROM.zip to install anything? happened to me a few days ago

you can install a ROM via ADB (never did this) or push a new ROM.zip on your /sdcard/ via "adb push" and install this within recovery.
Okay, I was able to push the CM & gapps zips into my sdcard, but I still cannot mount /data, so I am unable to install it :/ Any more suggestions?

Edit: seems that TWRP also says "unable to mount internal storage".
 
Aciz
Old
#4  
Aciz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Okay, I got it solved Had to flash stock recovery, do factory reset and then re-flash TWRP, and I was able to mount /data and internal storage again
The Following User Says Thank You to Aciz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pirecks
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciz View Post
Okay, I got it solved Had to flash stock recovery, do factory reset and then re-flash TWRP, and I was able to mount /data and internal storage again
Still haven't been able to find the stock recovery for a HTC One Mini INTL, can anybody link me? I've searched XDA and google everywhere.
 
l3raveHeart
Old
(Last edited by l3raveHeart; 9th August 2014 at 10:55 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciz View Post
Okay, I got it solved Had to flash stock recovery, do factory reset and then re-flash TWRP, and I was able to mount /data and internal storage again
Tell me please where did you find the mini(m4) stock recovery, 'cause yes there are no RUU's out there for the mini and I literally got the same problem as yours I wiped the internal storage no OS, etc. and unable to mount data. I'm hopeless tried everything..I pushed the zip to data/media and it successfully copied but as you know unable to mount data so no use. Please tell me where can I get the stock recovery img file.

Thank you in advance.
 
Aciz
Old
#7  
Aciz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3raveHeart View Post
Tell me please where did you find the mini(m4) stock recovery, 'cause yes there are no RUU's out there for the mini and I literally got the same problem as yours I wiped the internal storage no OS, etc. and unable to mount data. I'm hopeless tried everything..I pushed the zip to data/media and it successfully copied but as you know unable to mount data so no use. Please tell me where can I get the stock recovery img file.

Thank you in advance.
I can't remember where I got it I'm afraid, but I might still have it on my PC. But I won't be home until Sunday evening
The Following User Says Thank You to Aciz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
l3raveHeart
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciz View Post
I can't remember where I got it I'm afraid, but I might still have it on my PC. But I won't be home until Sunday evening
Thanks for your reply really appreciate it... don't have to worry about it no more I've found it and my phone is now back to life, but I have to admit it without your post I would have been still searching for a solution.

Thanks again.
 
thecos77
Old
(Last edited by thecos77; 15th August 2014 at 01:28 PM.)
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 23
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3raveHeart View Post
Thanks for your reply really appreciate it... don't have to worry about it no more I've found it and my phone is now back to life, but I have to admit it without your post I would have been still searching for a solution.

Thanks again.
Can you please post the stock recovery. I did something similar and can't manage to get a rom back on to my phone.

I currently have OS-3.10.502.3.

Thanks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes