5,596,700 Members 46,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 hotspotmod?

Tip us?
 
onemanruler
Old
#1  
onemanruler's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 103
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default 4.4 hotspotmod?

wondering how i could get the builtin hotspot mod to work for the 4.4 update. not a great programmer but am wondering what bit was changed in mj4.
 
onemanruler
Old
#2  
onemanruler's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 103
Join Date: Oct 2012
No updates?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
 
DarkManX4lf
Old
#3  
DarkManX4lf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 275
Posts: 2,832
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC
I would like to know. I'm using wifi tether router to get tethering to work now.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkManX4lf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
onemanruler
Old
#4  
onemanruler's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 103
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
I would like to know. I'm using wifi tether router to get tethering to work now.
how do you have it set up and is it working properly for you?
 
DarkManX4lf
Old
#5  
DarkManX4lf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 275
Posts: 2,832
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC
I just used default settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkManX4lf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BrianBaker
Old
#6  
BrianBaker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 880
Posts: 1,990
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Apopka FL
i could really use the hot spot mod..I thought i read that someone got it done a while back.But ive yet to find it searching through the different threads..I though Josh got it working
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
________________________
Phone:HTC One(M8)
ROM:Stock
Tablet:Nexus 7
Rom:Stock-Unlocked
 
onemanruler
Old
#7  
onemanruler's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 103
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
i could really use the hot spot mod..I thought i read that someone got it done a while back.But ive yet to find it searching through the different threads..I though Josh got it working
I was doing the same thing and read a little bit about someone getting it to go but causing problems for mms. i believe it was deodex* only so far the mod is for.

So far Wifi Tether Router is working 100%. Anyone wanting wifi tether ability without paying $10 for all the other tether apps should but this $2 app instead works perfect.

i have bought wifi pda net in the past but it has never really supported the wifi part its always been usb tether. the price for this app was perfect for me to try it out so thought id vouch for its use on 4.4 kitkat update.
 
BrianBaker
Old
#8  
BrianBaker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 880
Posts: 1,990
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Apopka FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanruler View Post
I was doing the same thing and read a little bit about someone getting it to go but causing problems for mms. i believe it was deodex* only so far the mod is for.

So far Wifi Tether Router is working 100%. Anyone wanting wifi tether ability without paying $10 for all the other tether apps should but this $2 app instead works perfect.

i have bought wifi pda net in the past but it has never really supported the wifi part its always been usb tether. the price for this app was perfect for me to try it out so thought id vouch for its use on 4.4 kitkat update.
but does it tether 4G?
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
________________________
Phone:HTC One(M8)
ROM:Stock
Tablet:Nexus 7
Rom:Stock-Unlocked
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianBaker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Epix4G
Old
#9  
Epix4G's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 824
Posts: 2,131
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
but does it tether 4G?
Yes it tethers 4G fine

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BrianBaker
Old
#10  
BrianBaker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 880
Posts: 1,990
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Apopka FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
Yes it tethers 4G fine

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
thanks,i bought it..forgot i had $80.00 in play store credit on my account so $3.00 wasnt a problem but I wish the app had a freaking toggle widget at least
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
________________________
Phone:HTC One(M8)
ROM:Stock
Tablet:Nexus 7
Rom:Stock-Unlocked

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes