Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 2 cracked screen.

Tip us?

lolwutwin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Note 2 cracked screen.

My friend gave me a note 2 and it has a cracked screen. I was wondering if i should replace the screen+digitizer or just the digi. The lcd still works and so does the digitizer but a cracked screen just annoys me.

lexo1a
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwutwin View Post
My friend gave me a note 2 and it has a cracked screen. I was wondering if i should replace the screen+digitizer or just the digi. The lcd still works and so does the digitizer but a cracked screen just annoys me.
yes the glass alone is I'm thinking around 30 us dollars on the web the glass is glued together to the amoled lcd touch panel and can be removed with the following tools .....hair dryer highest heat setting, plastic tweezers, I actually took the whole phone apart to avoid heat damage to the internal components. apply heat to the whole screen from the outside only. caution very hot so wear gloves now slowly and I repeat very gently with tons of patience start prying off piece by piece then clean and losen the glue with alcohol then I used a stain remover I cant think now but will get back to you on that good luck