[Q] Apps not staying frozen?

Tip us?

Taji34
Old
(Last edited by Taji34; 19th February 2014 at 03:46 PM.) Reason: Typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Apps not staying frozen?

I am on the sprint galaxy tab 3 7in (SM-T217S). I am using the app App Quarantine to freeze the preinstalled bloat ware apps. However some of the sprint apps are unfreezing themselves somehow. Is there a way to stop this from happening other than uninstalling them?

Praetoriani
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taji34 View Post
I am on the sprint galaxy tab 3 7in (SM-T217S). I am using the app App Quarantine to freeze the preinstalled bloat ware apps. However some of the sprint apps are unfreezing themselves somehow. Is there a way to stop this from happening other than uninstalling them?
I assume that your device is rooted. There might be several reasons why these apps "unfreezeing".
But I don't think taht they domit by themselves. Some apps are working with wakelocks.
Which means they can be waked up by other apps. So I recommend an app called Wakelock Detector.
You can check for any triggers which wakes up your apps and switch off those triggers.
So your "frozen" apps should "sleep" forever.

But best solution would be, ..... remove this bloatware

Taji34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetoriani View Post
I assume that your device is rooted. There might be several reasons why these apps "unfreezeing".
But I don't think taht they domit by themselves. Some apps are working with wakelocks.
Which means they can be waked up by other apps. So I recommend an app called Wakelock Detector.
You can check for any triggers which wakes up your apps and switch off those triggers.
So your "frozen" apps should "sleep" forever.

But best solution would be, ..... remove this bloatware
@Praetoriani My device is rooted, and I have downloaded wakelock. I should mention that the apps only Unfreeze after a reboot. So I don't know if that changes the problem or not. How would I switch off the triggers, it doesn't seem to have anything in the app.

Praetoriani
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taji34 View Post
@Praetoriani My device is rooted, and I have downloaded wakelock. I should mention that the apps only Unfreeze after a reboot. So I don't know if that changes the problem or not. How would I switch off the triggers, it doesn't seem to have anything in the app.
Here is a manual on how to use Wakelock Detector.
I know that there is an app where you can remove apps from boot process. But at the moment I do not remember the name.