20th February 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 210

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1121

Hi,
what do u mean that camera is better with other soft? Stock soft is horrible and it all because flash focus is missing. I've tried kernel with this but it's not good yet but question is what software do u meant? thanks

Try LG Camera, compare image, you'll see!
20th February 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bafdboysbehindthis

No, its ok. Not even a scrach)

Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niyazidk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655237

I don't think this is a real problem with the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman

Geeeze bro! You can't put a bad flash in the "known issue" section...

indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1121

Hi,
what do u mean that camera is better with other soft? Stock soft is horrible and it all because flash focus is missing. I've tried kernel with this but it's not good yet but question is what software do u meant? thanks

I think he means using third party software to take the photos. But it my experiencie it doesn't help too much since all the software use the same "limit/native values" or whatever u call them (aperture and shutter speed settings and so on) when taking a photo. So that means that, unless the "stock camera software" makes and awful work when choosing what paremeters to use, you won't notice big differences between obtained results.
20th February 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #13  

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaforo

I think he means using third party software to take the photos. But it my experiencie it doesn't help too much since all the software use the same "limit/native values" or whatever u call them (aperture and shutter speed settings and so on) when taking a photo. So that means that, unless the "stock camera software" makes and awful work when choosing what paremeters to use, you won't notice big differences between obtained results.

This was taken at the same place, using the same settings, same light, etc. See for yourself:

Photo taken by OEM software:

Photo taken by LG Camera

The Following User Says Thank You to t1mman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
Quote:

This was taken at the same place, using the same settings, same light, etc. See for yourself:

Photo taken by LG Camera

What is OEM software? could u send me a link? thanks
20th February 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #15  

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
OEM means "stock", like the one in the stock rom provided by LG.

The "LG Camera" is another software, found in the Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lgCamera&hl=en

I don't know how come they called it "LGCamera", beats me! But it's not the camera software from LG!
20th February 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:

Photo taken by LG Camera

Well I don't see where you wanna get. Actually I dont know which one do u like the most. I just see a more natural color but a much more noisy shot than with the second one.

Where I want to go is that you can get those 2 results with both app cameras, playing around with manual settings. The problem is that 90% of people don't use them and just press the butom and take the photo.

So what makes the difference when choosing one app instead the other is actually depending only on how the automatic mode works..
Last edited by xdaforo; 20th February 2014 at 09:45 PM.
20th February 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #17  

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
In part, I know I can get a better quality on the OEM software using custom ISO settings, but the image will get blurry easely, which is not realy an option unless you take "still subjects".

The grainy feel on the first one is realy beyond what I could consider an "average" quality.
21st February 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 72

193 posts
More
Quote:

Well, not really. Just a realistic guy who cares about how industry and economy have led us to buy stuff that last 10 times less than things lasted before. I just want those 10 times to be reduced somehow so I study quite a lot what the perfect purchase would be among my interests.

Good point.

Quote:

The other phone that I was considering was actually the Xperia SP. Battery on the sp with stock rom performs perfect. We have this phone at home and I saw how it lasted 2 days using airplane mode at nights together with a moderate use along the day.

On the other hand, hardware is supposed to be worse, and actually less energy consumer -2 cores against 4. So I doubt about Xperia sp performing worse than optimus g in that field.

I was torn between buying SP, nexus 4 and LGOG. SP has larger battery capacity and external storage, nexus 4 has direct update from google. But i ended up buying LGOG cos it has better hardware, nicer screen than SP, and larger storage than Nexus 4. I bought my sister the SP though, and she loves it!
22nd February 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunch21

Good point.

I was torn between buying SP, nexus 4 and LGOG. SP has larger battery capacity and external storage, nexus 4 has direct update from google. But i ended up buying LGOG cos it has better hardware, nicer screen than SP, and larger storage than Nexus 4. I bought my sister the SP though, and she loves it!

all are good options i guess. thank you for all ur comments

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
common, issues, optimus, problems
Previous Thread Next Thread