Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Is there a way to make google maps works ?

OP Baltyre

22nd February 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Hi.
I try to use google maps with no success yet.
I use null rom, and share location with GearLocationBridge (and muck location is enabled)

Google maps launch but i cannot locate myself on the map.
On launch it says i must allow google app to use my location.

I didn't see the location menu on the parameters app from the gear, but i can get to it using google maps, and the sliders for allowing to use my location is ON.
But it didn't seems to have any effect.

I tried with both Maps 6 and 7.

Someone have a idea ?
22nd February 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 89
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltyre

Hi.
I try to use google maps with no success yet.
I use null rom, and share location with GearLocationBridge (and muck location is enabled)

Google maps launch but i cannot locate myself on the map.
On launch it says i must allow google app to use my location.

I didn't see the location menu on the parameters app from the gear, but i can get to it using google maps, and the sliders for allowing to use my location is ON.
But it didn't seems to have any effect.

I tried with both Maps 6 and 7.

Someone have a idea ?

Maybe because the gear doesn't have a built in gps?
23rd February 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #3  
Testingchip's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
386 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=15
Try this. I got it working

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
There is no offline map program to install on the smartphone so the Gear can get the turn-by-turn text notifications? Maps is not supported as we know. Tried TomTom. I can activate notifications but... TomTom has no notifications at all, lol. Maybe Sygic? Anyone tried it?
24th February 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
487 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit3rd

There is no offline map program to install on the smartphone so the Gear can get the turn-by-turn text notifications? Maps is not supported as we know. Tried TomTom. I can activate notifications but... TomTom has no notifications at all, lol. Maybe Sygic? Anyone tried it?

I tried Sygic with an older version of Null ROM, the app was starting fine without the maps (but gave an error that they are missing) and when i installed the maps i only got black screen and crash..
25th February 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

I tried Sygic with an older version of Null ROM, the app was starting fine without the maps (but gave an error that they are missing) and when i installed the maps i only got black screen and crash..

It seems that some Sygic version is FC on some Note 3. On mine it crashes too. Should try Waze.

I'm on stock rom and unrooted for now. Got the watch a couple days ago so still messing with stock rom. Don't know if I could really get beneficts from Null rom for my kind of use.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes