Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SM-T31x] Unoffical CyanogenMod 11 front camera

Tip us?

lee_w
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [SM-T31x] Unoffical CyanogenMod 11 front camera

@ketut.kumajaya (this should be in your
[ROM][SM-T31x][JB/KK][4.3.1/4.4.2] CyanogenMod unofficial builds
thread but I don't have enough posts)

I was still having issues with the front camera recording video in my builds of your CM11 port, not that I really use it but I know lots of people were reporting issues with the cameras and saw a fix committed, so I thought I'd have a poke around.

It looks like a discrepency between the HAL and the media_profiles.xml config for the front camera frame rates. Your recent commit to android_device_samsung_lt01-common/camera/exynos_camera.c changes the front camera frame rates to 25,15 but
android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common/config/media_profiles.xml still uses 30 fps as the frameRate for all the EncoderProfiles for the front camera CamcorderProfile.

Changing media_profiles.xml to use 25 fps fixes front camera recording for me; not sure if this is the correct fix though, can't find definitive information on the supported frame rates for the SR130PC20.
The Following User Says Thank You to lee_w For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ketut.kumajaya
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8859

DONATE TO ME
Good finding. I just a bit tried working on CM for T31x and lonely Maybe @daavvis have a better idea about this media profile.

A proud owner
P31xx kernel | P51xx kernel | T31x kernel
for stock/stock based ROM
for CM/CM based ROM
for DUAL BOOT
If you like my work, please consider donating

lee_w
Old
(Last edited by lee_w; 12th February 2014 at 01:07 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
It's interestings because a strings of /system/lib/hw/camera.smdk4x12.so on the stock rom turns up

(10000,30000)
1280x720
(6500,30000)
640x480

suggesting the stock HAL thinks the rates are 30/15fps for the rear camera and 30/20/15/8fps for the front, and the stock rom media_profiles.xml front camera uses 15fps for low quality profiles and 30fps for high quality. These rates match up with smdk4412-common/camera/exynos_camera.c but the kernel driver for sr130pc20 suggests the rates are auto/7/15/25/30 so I must be missing something somewhere.

lee_w
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Hmm, just tried another build reverting to:
.preview_frame_rate_values = "30,20,15,8"
.preview_frame_rate = 30
in exynos_camera.c and the media_profiles.xml back at 30fps and it does still work but the recorded video is still at 25fps.

I lose the chain of calls from com.android.camera.VideoModule calling android.media.MediaRecorder.setProfile(CamcorderPr ofile) at
frameworks/av/media/libmedia/IMediaRecorder.cpp setVideoFrameRate(int)

lee_w
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
@daavvis you know anything about the iteraction between the media_profiles.xml and the camera HAL?

Anil Shovo
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Info 2 bug?

how many bug on cm11?

daavvis
Old
Thanks Meter 2095

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_w View Post
@daavvis you know anything about the iteraction between the media_profiles.xml and the camera HAL?
Sorry buddy just saw this... Best to hit me up on hangouts

Tags
camera, sm-t310