[Q] Can't flash PAC-Man with twrp

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
By davitof, Junior Member on 22nd February 2014, 06:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

I installed twrp and used it to root my 2X without any issue. But for the last 24 hours, I am trying to flash PAC-Man and I don't understand what is wrong with what I am doing. I want to install + I downloaded the PAC-Man zip from basketbuild. I even downloaded it twice and compared the 2 zips just to be sure. In order to install, I uncheck zip zignature verification (else twrp refuses to do anything). I wipe my caches as recommended. When I press Install, I can see messages among which I can clearly see twrp open the 2 zips seemingly without any issues. At the end, twrp tells me the operation succeeded. But when I reboot, I find myself in v20s (which is my previous ROM).

Does someone have an idea of what is going on?

New tests. I did the same with cyanogenmod, the installation succeeded. Previously I did not know if it was my phone, twrp or the PAC-Man zip file. So now I guess it is the PAC-Man zip.
Last edited by davitof; 23rd February 2014 at 12:58 AM.
8th May 2014, 11:12 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
I found the answer: the PAC-Man ROM was for the new bootloader, while my phone uses the old bootloader. Using converter allowed me to install it.
12th May 2014, 05:06 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
... and it did not work. I did get the PAC-Man boot animation, but it never went further. Yes, I know, first time can be very long, but no that long.

I am slowly learning. While trying to re-install a stock ROM, twrp was removed (I guess this is to be expected) so that I had to use again AIO Toolkit. That's when I discovered that it had an option to switch my device to new bootloader. This was the final solution: I was able to install PAC-Man without converting it, and of course it worked immediately.

I am not quite happy with PAC-Rom, though, it is laggy, and it still has the same CM bug I am trying to get rid of, but that is another story.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread