Tip us?

super0dd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to unlock the bootloader on 4.3

CN 10.26.1.18

unknown error occurred , which may be a network error please try later

This annoying sh1t occurs when I try to unlock the device with the official unlock tool for 4.2.

Actually what I want is just to root it, but currently it's no way out but unlock it to flash in the root.

How am I supposed to deal with it? I can't bear using an unrooted device.

Thanks for any help. Though I know most of your solutions won't work.

YayYouFixedIt
Old
(Last edited by YayYouFixedIt; 22nd February 2014 at 11:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by super0dd View Post
CN 10.26.1.18

unknown error occurred , which may be a network error please try later

This annoying sh1t occurs when I try to unlock the device with the official unlock tool for 4.2.

Actually what I want is just to root it, but currently it's no way out but unlock it to flash in the root.

How am I supposed to deal with it? I can't bear using an unrooted device.

Thanks for any help. Though I know most of your solutions won't work.
Don't you need to update to 4.3 first? Careful. I'm pretty sure you have to get updated to 4.3 first then unlock. Make sure Google 2 step verification is disabled secondly. I do not know if a 4.2 unlock tool exists for 4.3.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayYouFixedIt View Post
Don't you need to update to 4.3 first? Careful. I'm pretty sure you have to get updated to 4.3 first then unlock. Make sure Google 2 step verification is disabled secondly. I do not know if a 4.2 unlock tool exists for 4.3.
Sorry I didn't see you were on 4.3 already.

averagegeek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Does this is a Nexus device? Then you can try Wugfresh Nexus toolkit.

Nexus 7 (2013) with stock AOSP ROM(4.4.2), FRANCO Kernel (r12)

YayYouFixedIt
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

I just recollect that I had the same issue. A network error like no internet connection. I just kept trying until it worked. I assumed it was the router.
(Cheap Dlink n300).

super0dd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Uh, so no solution?

YayYouFixedIt
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by super0dd View Post
Uh, so no solution?
Did you try "fastboot unlock" to unlock the boot loader instead. The Collection thread says you can do that. Try the one included with the SDK for whatever platform your on.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11278

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Did you try "fastboot unlock" to unlock the boot loader instead. The Collection thread says you can do that. Try the one included with the SDK for whatever platform your on.
You can only unlock using the asus unlock tool - the bootloader is encrypted and other methods won't work. Just keep trying it - it will eventually unlock. Some people said they had to try it hundreds of times before it eventually let them do it. No idea why.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

super0dd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
You can only unlock using the asus unlock tool - the bootloader is encrypted and other methods won't work. Just keep trying it - it will eventually unlock. Some people said they had to try it hundreds of times before it eventually let them do it. No idea why.
Thank you anyway though I don't think continuous trying unlocking would be a feasible solution since I try billions of times and alter many network accesses. So annoying is it. The stock ROM is slow, odexed, laggy, and with piles of useless apps.

Argh...