Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Bookmarks Help

OP Caz42

22nd February 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Can anyone tell me if there is a faster way to get to my bookmarks please? At the moment to get to them I have to click on the Google bar at top of my home screen, press back to exit my keyboard, press the little options button at the bottom, click on 'help' , then click on the options button at the top of this screen and then click on bookmarks .......what a palaver

Surely there is a faster way, is it possible to put a shortcut to my bookmarks on my home screen? Thanks for help guys
22nd February 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
Durteedee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
You can make a widget for them

sent from my lady's MOTO G
22nd February 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durteedee

You can make a widget for them

sent from my lady's MOTO G

Thanks but I don't know how to do that, can you explain please?
22nd February 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #4  
Durteedee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Long press a blank spot on your home screen and this should come up push widgets and this should show up long press the widget you need drag it to where you want it. You can also try sslauncher but its a tad bit advanced

sent from my lady's MOTO G
22nd February 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz42

Can anyone tell me if there is a faster way to get to my bookmarks please? At the moment to get to them I have to click on the Google bar at top of my home screen, press back to exit my keyboard, press the little options button at the bottom, click on 'help'

That's a hell of a way to get to the browser. As an alternative, you can try tapping the Chrome icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz42

then click on the options button at the top of this screen and then click on bookmarks

Or you can just tap the little star at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz42

Surely there is a faster way, is it possible to put a shortcut to my bookmarks on my home screen? Thanks for help guys

As explained, you can add a widget with bookmarks.
22nd February 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AluKed

That's a hell of a way to get to the browser. As an alternative, you can try tapping the Chrome icon.



Or you can just tap the little star at the bottom.



As explained, you can add a widget with bookmarks.

Ah, that's better, easy when you know how isn't it lol Thanks AluKed
22nd February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durteedee

Long press a blank spot on your home screen and this should come up push widgets and this should show up long press the widget you need drag it to where you want it. You can also try sslauncher but its a tad bit advanced

sent from my lady's MOTO G

I don't get that screen when I long press on my home screen Durt, I get options on where to choose wallpaper from??

However, I can go into apps, then widgets, then add the little bookmark widget to my homescreen. It then asks me which bookmark I want to choose and just changes the widget to that bookmark. It won't let me add all my bookmarks so they are all in that widget. I'm rubbish with technology lol
22nd February 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz42

However, I can go into apps, then widgets, then add the little bookmark widget to my homescreen. It then asks me which bookmark I want to choose and just changes the widget to that bookmark. It won't let me add all my bookmarks so they are all in that widget. I'm rubbish with technology lol

There's another widget, called Bookmarks (with an S), that shows all your bookmarks in a scrollable way.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes