5,593,248 Members 33,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera not working, gallary stopped working I9000

Tip us?

Jarige
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I flashed to I9000 XXJVU and tried different camera firmwares, but it's still not working. I found these firmwares all over xda. There's a lot of dead links out there. Anyone who can share their camera firmware files so that I can try whether they work? That would be appreciated.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarige View Post
I flashed to I9000 XXJVU and tried different camera firmwares, but it's still not working. I found these firmwares all over xda. There's a lot of dead links out there. Anyone who can share their camera firmware files so that I can try whether they work? That would be appreciated.
Have you look in [Toolkit][A.I.O Rescue & Recovery] My Android Collection under fix

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jarige
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
I did now, I flashed the camera_fix.zip using CWM and then tried whether it worked. It didn't, so I did another firmware phone to cam write and reboot, and it still gives me the black screen. I've searched for hours to try different firmware .bin files and I haven't found any firmware which works.
What changed, however, is that before flashing the camera_fix.zip firmware to the cam I could check the firmware version and now when I try to do that it crashes. "process com.sec.android.app.camerafirmware" is the process that crashes.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
. "process com.sec.android.app.camerafirmware" is the process that crashes.
Basically a factory reset would normally solve this, from what you are conveying it looks like you may have a hardware issue, as a full ROM flash is unable to solve it. Cameras are pretty cheap in ebay, but do exhaust all other options, till you are sure about it.,

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jarige
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
Basically a factory reset would normally solve this, from what you are conveying it looks like you may have a hardware issue, as a full ROM flash is unable to solve it. Cameras are pretty cheap in ebay, but do exhaust all other options, till you are sure about it.,
Thanks dude, I think I'll just give up and flash cm11 m3 now. I'm tired of spending hours of work into this. I'll consider buying a new camera on ebay. Not sure whether that's worth it though, I'll just see. Not like I use my camera often anyway. Thanks for the kindness, I appreciate the help

platypoid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ymporitoffice

Quote:
Thanks dude, I think I'll just give up and flash cm11 m3 now. I'm tired of spending hours of work into this. I'll consider buying a new camera on ebay. Not sure whether that's worth it though, I'll just see. Not like I use my camera often anyway. Thanks for the kindness, I appreciate the help
I had a problem with my camera using CM11 After a lot of messing around I discovered that what caused it was having the Power Shutter option checked. But I could not even open the camera - it would crash every time. I was able to get the camera working again by using Titanium backup and then going to the camera app and deleting data . Then the camera would open up and work okay. I tested it by turning the Power Shutter back on and it made the camera crash. Deleted the data on Titanium and it worked again.

So not sure if this will help you - but if you do load CM11 avoid the Power Shutter option ! I would report this on their thread but I don't have enough posts yet.

Hope you get it figured out - I know I pulled my hair out trying to figure out how to fix mine .

Jarige
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypoid View Post
I had a problem with my camera using CM11 After a lot of messing around I discovered that what caused it was having the Power Shutter option checked. But I could not even open the camera - it would crash every time. I was able to get the camera working again by using Titanium backup and then going to the camera app and deleting data . Then the camera would open up and work okay. I tested it by turning the Power Shutter back on and it made the camera crash. Deleted the data on Titanium and it worked again.

So not sure if this will help you - but if you do load CM11 avoid the Power Shutter option ! I would report this on their thread but I don't have enough posts yet.

Hope you get it figured out - I know I pulled my hair out trying to figure out how to fix mine .
Thanks for the input, it doesn't help me though. I was using CM10.2 and I'm only using CM11 as of last Sunday. This might help someone else though, so it's good that you mention it

knuckles1978
Old
Thanks Meter 225
I have had exactly the same problems which you describe. I've gone back to stock (tried eclair and Gingerbread), I've tried flashing different camera firmwares, and I've bought a new camera module from ebay. Nothing worked. Gave up.

Front cam works fine, but main cam just FC's the gallery app.

Interestingly though I can pinpoint exactly when it happened. Phone was stock, I'd just been given it from a friend. Checked camera and it was working fine. Thought I'd factory reset the phone to remove my friends email accounts and any personal information so I did that... Rebooted phone and immediately noticed that the camera wasn't working, and since that moment never has...

So it seems to me that it must be a corrupt or deleted file (driver, etc)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

CaracalSef
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
I just bought a new camera module for I9000. Installed it and noticed doing the same thing. Same logcat error (that's how I found this thread with google). Is there any way we can get the camera work again?
Just like knuckles1978, front cam is working OK. I must change from back to front fast, before getting the FC. The phone is running latest CM11 now, but tried different camera apps also, got back to stock GB, same thing happens.
Handset: Sony Xperia Z
Rom: Official Stock 4.3
Recovery: XZDualRecovery
Kernel: XzKernel
Bootloader: Unlocked

CaracalSef
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Out of nowhere, after about 1 year, the camera starts working again :| Except to switch with the new camera module, concluding that it's not working, switching back the old camera, I did nothing else! Even when I inserted the old module back in again, I tested and was not working. But now it is. What the hell is this?
Handset: Sony Xperia Z
Rom: Official Stock 4.3
Recovery: XZDualRecovery
Kernel: XzKernel
Bootloader: Unlocked