Tip us?

purplexed9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Porting Sailfish in AScend P6

Hello guys.
As some of you might have already heard, the sailfish 1.0 stable version is out and it is told that it will be ported in every android device. I know that the hardware is pretty different (K3V2 vs Snap 400) so I don't know if this is even possible. If anyone got any news, please share it with us.
The Following User Says Thank You to purplexed9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

halman
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuperStyler View Post
Who cares.
Apparently the OP cares. Now if you dont have something useful to say then please don't write useless posts. We really dont care..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to halman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2133
Hi Everyone,
I did some thread cleaning. Please remember to always post respectfully, there is really no excuse to flame other users!

Thanks!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZuperStyler
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 44
Ok, that OS will not reach P6 soon, as he is reaching now for other phones, which are not on Android or iOS.

Meizirkki
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'd like this too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meizirkki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

purplexed9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuperStyler View Post
Ok, that OS will not reach P6 soon, as he is reaching now for other phones, which are not on Android or iOS.
Why? Xiaomi mi2, galaxy s3 and some other chinese phones already got sailfish ported and it will soonly be released for everyone to port it. I don't think P6 is too far from sailfish os.
The Following User Says Thank You to purplexed9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Meizirkki
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm expecting Sailfish OS to be relatively easy to port since it uses android's drivers for hardware. I may be optimistic on this but it sounds like you could just "drop" the UI on top of an existing android system.

The Following User Says Thank You to Meizirkki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]