Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ICS to JB Hboot how to?

OP HairyJoe

22nd February 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Please help, I've been looking for hours, I cannot install a custom rom (mySENSEdx5) I have an unlocked bootloader and have been running a custom ICS rom. the problem is I cannot update my bootloader from ICS to 1.25.0002 , is there anyway to update just the hboot?

Thank you
22nd February 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 968

2,470 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyJoe

Please help, I've been looking for hours, I cannot install a custom rom (mySENSEdx5) I have an unlocked bootloader and have been running a custom ICS rom. the problem is I cannot update my bootloader from ICS to 1.25.0002 , is there anyway to update just the hboot?

Thank you

Yes there is. S-OFF your phone via rumrunner (just Google... you'll land at their site and follow the instructions there). Then have a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=47
23rd February 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

Yes there is. S-OFF your phone via rumrunner (just Google... you'll land at their site and follow the instructions there). Then have a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=47

Several attempts to use rum runner but it just keeps on pouring (past 10 attempts)and no S-OFF , I have now managed to put TWRP V6.3.0 recovery on my phone and did a wipe and tried to install the JB rom that failed! now I have no OS and TWRP wont install my backup.. I'm well stuck ! Is it possible to unbrick the phone in this state?
23rd February 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 73

433 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyJoe

Several attempts to use rum runner but it just keeps on pouring (past 10 attempts)and no S-OFF , I have now managed to put TWRP V6.3.0 recovery on my phone and did a wipe and tried to install the JB rom that failed! now I have no OS and TWRP wont install my backup.. I'm well stuck ! Is it possible to unbrick the phone in this state?

First of all, u cant flash jb recovery on ics hboot, u need to flash ics recovery which is here - http://d-h.st/eCC .
And download any ics Rom & ics kernel & flash it.

- ( Ics Recovery for ics hboot)
- ( Ics Rom for ics hboot)
- ( Ics kernel for ics hboot)

Then after all that ,view all the instructions & prerequisites required for S-off & start it.
(Most important one is disable all lockscreens)
Last edited by $MpŁ_mPłİŤęĎ; 23rd February 2014 at 01:40 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread