Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,232 Members 38,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ICS to JB Hboot how to?

Tip us?

HairyJoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ICS to JB Hboot how to?

Please help, I've been looking for hours, I cannot install a custom rom (mySENSEdx5) I have an unlocked bootloader and have been running a custom ICS rom. the problem is I cannot update my bootloader from ICS to 1.25.0002 , is there anyway to update just the hboot?

Thank you

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyJoe View Post
Please help, I've been looking for hours, I cannot install a custom rom (mySENSEdx5) I have an unlocked bootloader and have been running a custom ICS rom. the problem is I cannot update my bootloader from ICS to 1.25.0002 , is there anyway to update just the hboot?

Thank you
Yes there is. S-OFF your phone via rumrunner (just Google... you'll land at their site and follow the instructions there). Then have a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=47
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

HairyJoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901 View Post
Yes there is. S-OFF your phone via rumrunner (just Google... you'll land at their site and follow the instructions there). Then have a look at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=47
Several attempts to use rum runner but it just keeps on pouring (past 10 attempts)and no S-OFF , I have now managed to put TWRP V6.3.0 recovery on my phone and did a wipe and tried to install the JB rom that failed! now I have no OS and TWRP wont install my backup.. I'm well stuck ! Is it possible to unbrick the phone in this state?

$MpŁ_mPłİŤęĎ
Old
(Last edited by $MpŁ_mPłİŤęĎ; 23rd February 2014 at 12:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyJoe View Post
Several attempts to use rum runner but it just keeps on pouring (past 10 attempts)and no S-OFF , I have now managed to put TWRP V6.3.0 recovery on my phone and did a wipe and tried to install the JB rom that failed! now I have no OS and TWRP wont install my backup.. I'm well stuck ! Is it possible to unbrick the phone in this state?
First of all, u cant flash jb recovery on ics hboot, u need to flash ics recovery which is here - http://d-h.st/eCC .
And download any ics Rom & ics kernel & flash it.

- ( Ics Recovery for ics hboot)
- ( Ics Rom for ics hboot)
- ( Ics kernel for ics hboot)

Then after all that ,view all the instructions & prerequisites required for S-off & start it.
(Most important one is disable all lockscreens)