Ask noob(newb) questions here.

OP Drewmungus

4th July 2013, 03:31 AM   |  #491  
Thanks Meter: 419

1,379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmjohnson

Can anyone share a link on how and where to find the latest cwm for the nook?

Succulent's recovery repository: http://goo.im/devs/succulent/acclaim/recovery

If you want/need Succulent's latest version, use the one inside his ROM 06/29 build zip file (CWM 6.0.3.2), make sure that you pick the right emmc vs. sd version.
Last edited by digixmax; 4th July 2013 at 03:53 AM.
4th July 2013, 03:40 AM   |  #492  
New York
Thanks Meter: 462

3,710 posts
More
Newb to Nook tablet, still trying to sort some things out. I've decided I want to flash recovery to emmc. I already have CM 10.1 loaded to emmc.

1) Is it as simple as flashing from the sd card or do I have to flash it from internal storage or both?

2) After flashing recovery to emmc do I have to reinstall the ROM?

3) Do I have to wipe anything before flashing?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
4th July 2013, 03:50 AM   |  #493  

1,379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrs421

Newb to Nook tablet, still trying to sort some things out. I've decided I want to flash recovery to emmc. I already have CM 10.1 loaded to emmc.

1) Is it as simple as flashing from the sd card or do I have to flash it from internal storage or both?

You can flash it from SD, just pick a flashable zip version from Succulent's recovery repo http://goo.im/devs/succulent/acclaim/recovery.
Quote:

2) After flashing recovery to emmc do I have to reinstall the ROM?

No.
Quote:

3) Do I have to wipe anything before flashing?

No.
The Following User Says Thank You to digixmax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2013, 03:51 AM   |  #494  
New York
Thanks Meter: 462

3,710 posts
More
Almost seems too easy. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
8th February 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #495  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
rooting
I have the s4 active and the new galaxy gear watch. If I root my phone how will it affect the watch uses?
10th February 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #496  
Flag Carmel
Thanks Meter: 7

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyBlauvelt

I have the s4 active and the new galaxy gear watch. If I root my phone how will it affect the watch uses?

It won't affect it unless you install a custom ROM; but you are posting in the wrong forum. A Nook Tablet is not an S4 Active; this belongs in the S4 active forum. Mod, please move this and delete this thread.
22nd February 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #497  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Another newbe question
First, I'd like to apologize if those questions were already asked but I couldn't find an answer in the search (probably I'm not familiar with the right terminology)

I'd just bought a NOOK HD+ 32GB and I think about (I'm not entirely sure yet) installing Android CM OS instead of B&N OS. basically, I'd like to try the Android before setting it as a replacement for the original B&N OS. there for I'd like to run the Android OS from the SD card before I'll root the Nook. looking at the web found 3 companies selling Android firmware for rooting and Android OS running from SD card (n2acards, rootmynookhd and another one) but again, as a newbe I'm not really sure how to start and I'm trying to test it in the safest way.

-Is there a bootable "acclaim" version for running from SD card? I've read the "Building a CM10.1 (JB 4.2.x) SD card for Nook Tablet" but I didn't understand if it bootable and if it change something in the original B&N OS.
-Is there a way for backuping/restoring the original B&N OS before starting without modifications?

Thanks in advance for any help.
22nd February 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #498  
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 109

527 posts
More
I've got my nook tablet booting off of sdcard (without connecting to pc/wall).
Is installing a Rom on emmc as simple as booting into cwm and installing a zip? I've read that I first need to change cwm versions then do for 4.4. Just afraid of sending hours trying to fix a boo boo.
23rd February 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #499  

1,379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1919

I've got my nook tablet booting off of sdcard (without connecting to pc/wall).
Is installing a Rom on emmc as simple as booting into cwm and installing a zip? I've read that I first need to change cwm versions then do for 4.4. Just afraid of sending hours trying to fix a boo boo.

See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=123 for pointers on how to install CM on emmc; to install CM11 see note (viii).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread