Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help plz custom boot screen unlocked

Tip us?

bftb0
Old
Thanks Meter 793
1 question, 1 request, and 1 suggestion.

(Q) After you applied the Odin PIT & MJE flash ( I presume you are using ALL_N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_2106277_REV03_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5), does the phone go into the recovery boot the very first time it rebooted?

(R) Please post (cut-n-paste) the log messages from the Odin flash session if you repeat it.

(S) You might try holding the power button down for 9 seconds to power off the phone; then, hold down Vol-Up+Power to boot the phone into the stock recovery, and perform a factory reset there. This might not cure the bootloop problem, but it is possible that it will eliminate the "custom" screen during boot. Since you are still showing the Knox Warranty flag at 0x0, that would make a warranty return possible.

Note that there are 16 partitions on the phone which are not replaced by flashing a stock firmware in Odin. (for instance ddr, pad, param, efs, modemst1, modemst2, fota, backup, fsg, fsc, ssd, pad, param, efs, persist, persdata). 3 of these are actually mounted by the stock ROM - efs, persist, & persdata.

The reason that I mention this is because it is quite possible that restoring a factory ROM will not fix your phone. Without some idea of what you (or others) actually did to your phone, there are a limitless number of things that could have possibly gone wrong.

good luck... and please do not open another thread on this same topic - it is a violation of the rules here.
"I'm gonna start coding placebo apps. That way I will be sure that the complaints are real and the praises hollow."

camphurt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Like I said I was sorry about being a pest didn't mean to break the rules and I apologize for that I was just looking for help so thank you.. The phone was just a backup anyway

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by camphurt View Post
Like I said I was sorry about being a pest didn't mean to break the rules and I apologize for that I was just looking for help so thank you.. The phone was just a backup anyway

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Deleted
I will not apologize for art.