[Q] Help plz custom boot screen unlocked

OP camphurt

22nd February 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 799

2,122 posts
1 question, 1 request, and 1 suggestion.

(Q) After you applied the Odin PIT & MJE flash ( I presume you are using ALL_N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_2106277_REV03_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5), does the phone go into the recovery boot the very first time it rebooted?

(R) Please post (cut-n-paste) the log messages from the Odin flash session if you repeat it.

(S) You might try holding the power button down for 9 seconds to power off the phone; then, hold down Vol-Up+Power to boot the phone into the stock recovery, and perform a factory reset there. This might not cure the bootloop problem, but it is possible that it will eliminate the "custom" screen during boot. Since you are still showing the Knox Warranty flag at 0x0, that would make a warranty return possible.

Note that there are 16 partitions on the phone which are not replaced by flashing a stock firmware in Odin. (for instance ddr, pad, param, efs, modemst1, modemst2, fota, backup, fsg, fsc, ssd, pad, param, efs, persist, persdata). 3 of these are actually mounted by the stock ROM - efs, persist, & persdata.

The reason that I mention this is because it is quite possible that restoring a factory ROM will not fix your phone. Without some idea of what you (or others) actually did to your phone, there are a limitless number of things that could have possibly gone wrong.

good luck... and please do not open another thread on this same topic - it is a violation of the rules here.
23rd February 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 11

44 posts
More
Like I said I was sorry about being a pest didn't mean to break the rules and I apologize for that I was just looking for help so thank you.. The phone was just a backup anyway

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #13  
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 819

1,231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by camphurt

Like I said I was sorry about being a pest didn't mean to break the rules and I apologize for that I was just looking for help so thank you.. The phone was just a backup anyway

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Deleted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread