FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Gear 2 announced.. Thoughts??

653 posts
Thanks Meter: 160

By raiu, Senior Member on 23rd February 2014, 03:37 AM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I think the original is better.

23rd February 2014, 04:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Samsung says "Increased connectivity, customization, and control" on their facebook site(samsungmobile)
I think it's better than original version.
23rd February 2014, 05:58 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag colorado
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Its running tizen os. only apps will be from samsung store you cant even side load android apps if im mistakes then shoot I might get it myself. Does look nice better be less than 250

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 06:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Ip67, changable bracelet, hrm. I also read that will have dedicated mp3 player with output over Bluetooth so that's mean that will have a simple acces to internal memory to copy files from/to the warch. Maybe tiezen will be the challenge here and the compatibility with older devices. If original gear was announced with at least 1 day of battery and we get often 2 or 3 days maybe gear 2 will last at least 3 days on a charge. This will be good.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd February 2014, 08:59 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 465

More
+ 2-3x better batterylife (with a lower capacity battery). What's going on here?? Tizen being efficient than android, or something else?
+ Can work as a standalone music player
+ Better fitness options like Heart Rate sensor.
+ More powerful SOC.
+ IrLED (WatchON)
+ Gear 2 Neo is much lighter compared to gear. Also no camera in Neo (good for those who don't want to spend on cam)
+ Same old screen, I keep this as positive because I had a feeling they would switch to those Mirasol or other 'bad' displays just to conserve battery.
+ Much better cam position.
+ IP67
23rd February 2014, 09:32 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 844

More
I think it's an improvement overall. If they've increased video recording time then I don't care if it's tizen. It's really the only reason I use custom rom. I have a feeling I'm going to upgrade just for the water resistant and being able to change bands. From the pictures it looks like any watch straps can be used. I still can't tell if the speaker is on the strap. I'm hoping not.

Last edited by aznmode; 23rd February 2014 at 10:34 AM.
23rd February 2014, 10:08 AM |#7  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode

I think it's an improvement overall. If they've increased video recording time then I don't care if it's tizen. It's really the only reason I use custom rom. I have a feeling I'm going to upgrade just for the water proof and being able to change bands. From the pictures it looks like any watch straps can be used. I still can't tell if the speaker is on the strap. I'm hoping not.

I read somewhere that it has interchangable straps.

Also, there's no speaker on the strap.

Here are some press images for everyone: http://www.engadget.com/gallery/sams...!slide=2442684
23rd February 2014, 10:30 AM |#8  
Flag RAWALPINDI
Thanks Meter: 569

More
It is water resistant, not water proof.

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)
23rd February 2014, 10:36 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohebq

It is water resistant, not water proof.

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

You're right. That was a typo

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by system.img

I read somewhere that it has interchangable straps.

Also, there's no speaker on the strap.

Here are some press images for everyone: http://www.engadget.com/gallery/sams...!slide=2442684

I was looking at similar pics and I didn't see it but I can't tell where on the watch the speaker is.

23rd February 2014, 10:48 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
My thoughts are here: http://www.notjusthitech.com/2014/02...-official.html
The speaker is on the watch itself. If you look at the orange one you cannot miss it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 11:01 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidi

My thoughts are here: http://www.notjusthitech.com/2014/02...-official.html
The speaker is on the watch itself. If you look at the orange one you cannot miss it.

I assume it's next to the camera? I still can't spot it clearly. But hopefully Fomey can hack the ish out of it. Or maybe port tizen on the current galaxy gear so we can have longer battery life.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread