FORUMS

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Help to unlock bootloader HTC One Google Play Edition

22nd February 2014, 05:36 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
I just received an HTC One GPE. It comes with 4.2.2; because of that, I cannot using fastboot with Windows 8.1. Then I let the OTA update to 4.4.2, then I use the command "fastboot oem unlock" but it gives me these error:

Code:
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_traverse(839):
(bootloader) invalid traverse range
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_read(1029):
(bootloader) htc_pg_part_traverse failed
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] sp_custom partition: unlock_disp_buf.img_buf r
(bootloader) ead error!
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] Can not load custom splash!
(bootloader) Loading custom splash failed!
OKAY [ 0.589s]
finished. total time: 0.591s
Hboot version: 1.54

Extra question: after sucessfully unlock the bootloader, install the custom recovery, which guide should I follow to make S-OFF?
Last edited by cruel91; 22nd February 2014 at 05:44 PM.
 
 
22nd February 2014, 05:52 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel91

I just received an HTC One GPE. It comes with 4.2.2; because of that, I cannot using fastboot with Windows 8.1. Then I let the OTA update to 4.4.2, then I use the command "fastboot oem unlock" but it gives me these error:

Extra question: after sucessfully unlock the bootloader, install the custom recovery, which guide should I follow to make S-OFF?

you should have done some homework before updating to 4.4(.x) -> "fastboot oem unlock" no longer seems to work.

since you have a functioning ROM, you could look into firewater to S-Off
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 05:58 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

you should have done some homework before updating to 4.4(.x) -> "fastboot oem unlock" no longer seems to work.

since you have a functioning ROM, you could look into firewater to S-Off

As far as I know S-OFF requires the devices to be rooted, but I cannot grant any root access from now without unlock the bootloader
22nd February 2014, 06:05 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel91

As far as I know S-OFF requires the devices to be rooted, but I cannot grant any root access from now without unlock the bootloader

firewater has a temproot exploit that may (or may not) work
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 06:21 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

firewater has a temproot exploit that may (or may not) work

Thank you. However, the temp-root does not work. I am downloading the stock 4.3 GPE RUU to flash over. Hoping I can get this done. I will report later
22nd February 2014, 06:24 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel91

Thank you. However, the temp-root does not work. I am downloading the stock 4.3 GPE RUU to flash over. Hoping I can get this done. I will report later

you know that you can't downgrade without S-Off
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 03:06 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
So actually there is no solution to root/unlock_bootloader/s-off this? I guess I must stay with stock Google ROM
23rd February 2014, 04:23 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Correct.

sent from my mobile device
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes