Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

com.google.process.location and gapps memory usage

Tip us?

vklexer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default com.google.process.location and gapps memory usage

Hellou.
How can i disable com.google.process.location entirely? I've deleted Network Location system.apk but it still is showing up in the process list. Disabled all the GPS, location tracking and so on, but still keeps starting again.

And btw, is there any way to reduce the gapps size and memory usage?
Keep and Calendar are essential to me, so those 2 i need for syncing and so on..

hrinfrnlmjsty
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by vklexer View Post
Hellou.
How can i disable com.google.process.location entirely? I've deleted Network Location system.apk but it still is showing up in the process list. Disabled all the GPS, location tracking and so on, but still keeps starting again.

And btw, is there any way to reduce the gapps size and memory usage?
Keep and Calendar are essential to me, so those 2 i need for syncing and so on..
I think "Pimp My Rom" app has a feature for disable and delete this location process. Take a look at.
Also, I have a question. For example, when I disable this location process, apps like foursquare,etc. can still detect location?
"eat or be eaten!"

vklexer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrinfrnlmjsty View Post
I think "Pimp My Rom" app has a feature for disable and delete this location process. Take a look at.
Also, I have a question. For example, when I disable this location process, apps like foursquare,etc. can still detect location?
i think yeah, but it depends on internal gps only