Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help with creating partition

Tip us?
 
eran32
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 53
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default help with creating partition

Hi

i saw that im can incrase phone internal memory by a partition
how can i'm do it?
beacause im saw a tutorial on cm11 post
and how much partiton size i can choose?
because im saw that im can do 512mb partiton
and 1024 mb partiton

and if i making partiton the apps will removed?
 
akiratoriyama
Old
#2  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 761
Posts: 1,636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
If you create a partition all the stuff on you SD card will be removed.
512 MB should be enough for most people IMHO.
You can create a partition by using Partition Manager.

Regards,
akiratoriyama

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
AOGP Kernel Coder
 
eran32
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 53
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiratoriyama View Post
If you create a partition all the stuff on you SD card will be removed.
512 MB should be enough for most people IMHO.
You can create a partition by using Partition Manager.

Regards,
akiratoriyama

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
Hi

im want to make a partiton because im installed cm11 on lg p500
and cm11 has not enough mb in internal memory
im found that tutorial http://www.noypigeeks.com/android/tu...de-to-link2sd/
if im do it, im can install many apps?

sorry about the english, im from israel
 
akiratoriyama
Old
#4  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 761
Posts: 1,636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eran32 View Post
Hi

im want to make a partiton because im installed cm11 on lg p500
and cm11 has not enough mb in internal memory
im found that tutorial http://www.noypigeeks.com/android/tu...de-to-link2sd/
if im do it, im can install many apps?

sorry about the english, im from israel
No probs
XDA is a global community and as long as your English is understandable you're good to go

That guide should work and yes a partition will allow you to install many apps.

Regards,
akiratoriyama

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
AOGP Kernel Coder
 
eran32
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 53
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiratoriyama View Post
No probs
XDA is a global community and as long as your English is understandable you're good to go

That guide should work and yes a partition will allow you to install many apps.

Regards,
akiratoriyama

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
thanks man, im try it
 
ayrus02
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2012
From my experience if you want to partition your SD Card, it's best if you first backup all you SD Card data to other storage, and then partition it using Partition Manager or Recovery like CMW, and than you copy back your data to the SD Card. On some occasion (twice to be exact) I found that partitioning you SD Card using Partition Manager without backup and clean up/delete all partition before creating second partition will reasult in read only second partition on android.
 
akiratoriyama
Old
#7  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 761
Posts: 1,636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrus02 View Post
From my experience if you want to partition your SD Card, it's best if you first backup all you SD Card data to other storage, and then partition it using Partition Manager or Recovery like CMW, and than you copy back your data to the SD Card. On some occasion (twice to be exact) I found that partitioning you SD Card using Partition Manager without backup and clean up/delete all partition before creating second partition will reasult in read only second partition on android.
I noticed that too.It rendered my SDcard unreadable on CM11.I had to use other phone running JB to format it.
Also doesn't partitioning memory card formats SD card before partitioning (Except gParted)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
AOGP Kernel Coder
 
xu3sno
Old
#8  
xu3sno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 988
Posts: 975
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UTC +7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eran32 View Post
Hi

i saw that im can incrase phone internal memory by a partition
how can i'm do it?
beacause im saw a tutorial on cm11 post
and how much partiton size i can choose?
because im saw that im can do 512mb partiton
and 1024 mb partiton

and if i making partiton the apps will removed?
You meant external (sdcard-ext2) memory? Then follow @akiratoriyama suggestion. Internal memory /data partition is fix, 200MB. And it's dangerous to repartition, AFAIK.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app
 
eran32
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 53
Join Date: Feb 2014
sorry for the up
but im need help
i want to do it on my lg p500
but someone can give me tutorial that work?
because cm11 have not enough space in internal memory
 
ayrus02
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2012
Which ROM did you intent to use? And what version of android do u use?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes