Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] Multitouch issues

Tip us?

Feazzu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [HELP] Multitouch issues

Hi All
I'm using Viper 5.0 ROM with SebastianFM Kernel 1.0.3 and i have an annoying bug with multitouch.
I can't post url, but is very difficult to me explain it in word, so i post the query string to append in youtube url.

watch?v=Dw4jUVsjWdo

I've a sensation z710e (no 4g).
If i restart the device, all works fine, but if i put it in sleep mode (by pressing power button), when i wake it up, the issue returns.
is a kernel-elated issue? there is a way to solve this? Someone has the same problem?
Thanks in advance.

ashkan-khatar
Old
Thanks Meter 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feazzu View Post
Hi All
I'm using Viper 5.0 ROM with SebastianFM Kernel 1.0.3 and i have an annoying bug with multitouch.
I can't post url, but is very difficult to me explain it in word, so i post the query string to append in youtube url.

watch?v=Dw4jUVsjWdo

I've a sensation z710e (no 4g).
If i restart the device, all works fine, but if i put it in sleep mode (by pressing power button), when i wake it up, the issue returns.
is a kernel-elated issue? there is a way to solve this? Someone has the same problem?
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Use your phone all the way until it shuts down; remove battery, SD Card and SIM and let the phone stay so for 6-7 hours, over a night, for example. Then insert them back, plug your charger, and have it fully recharged. But BE CAREFUL YOU WILL NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN AT ALL UNTIL IT IS CHARGED UP.

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.
The pretty "THANKS" button's waiting for U, in case I helped :P

HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio [APPARENTLY]
BootLoader: HBoot 1.27 Revolutionary (!)
Recovery: 4EXT Touch
Kernel: Sultan R31 3.0.96 [CPU Max Frequency= 1512MHz - Governor = lagfree - 3D/2D GPU = 320/228MHz]
ROM: Sultan CM10.2 4.3 19/07

Feazzu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan-khatar View Post
Hi,
Use your phone all the way until it shuts down; remove battery, SD Card and SIM and let the phone stay so for 6-7 hours, over a night, for example. Then insert them back, plug your charger, and have it fully recharged. But BE CAREFUL YOU WILL NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN AT ALL UNTIL IT IS CHARGED UP.

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.
Thanks for your reply.
I tried the touch recalibration tool and the "silver pin method", but neither of them worked.
Tonight i'll try your solution and see if it works.

chmurak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
try to download an app from google play sensor tester, you can check multi-touch with it
Was my post helpful ? Don't forget about Thanks meter

Phone spec:
HTC Sensation
Android:4.4.2
Baseband ver: 11.69A.3504.00P_11.23..3504.07_M2
Kernel ver: 3.0.101-ChronicKernel-linaro-g886cfa4albinoman887@chronic-buildbox#1 Sat Jan 18 10:34:02 EST 2014
CyanogenMod ver: cm_pyramid-userdebug 4.4.2 KOT49H 39f88656cd test-keys
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524961

Feazzu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan-khatar View Post
Hi,

Hi,
I tried your solution, but unfortunately I have not solved the problem.
I think that is a kernel-related problem. Something like sleep mode frequencies or other values. I'm pretty ignorant about kernel settings.
Does anyone else have this problem?
The video that i posted, talks about a problem with the ICS SebastianFM kernel, which has been solved with the 1.30.2 version.
How can I know how it was fixed? Is it possible?
Thanks

Feazzu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have same problem with the new ViperS 5.1.0.
After the first time that the phone enters in "sleep mode", the touch begins to have that problem.
How can i solve?
anyone else having the same problem?
Thanks

Natschlaus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem with ViperS 5.1.0 and cant even play games where I need 2 fingers (like racing: throttle and steering).
Help would be greatly appreciated.
HTC Sensation
ViperS 5.2.1 (FW 3.3)
Clockworkmod Recovery
S-OFF
Bootloader Unlocked

Asus Nexus 7 (2013)
Pac-Man KitKat 4.4.2
TWRP
Bootloader Unlocked

NextGenGTR
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natschlaus View Post
I have the same problem with ViperS 5.1.0 and cant even play games where I need 2 fingers (like racing: throttle and steering).
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Im not sure but i saw somebody say turn off HTC 3 finger input or something like that in venom setttings

v.konvict
Old
Thanks Meter 6
dont use the phone when its charging and espeacially when connected to the pc....

Natschlaus
Old
(Last edited by Natschlaus; 23rd February 2014 at 06:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Turns out I didn't bend the pin hard enough....
Everything works perfectly fine now. Thanks guys!
HTC Sensation
ViperS 5.2.1 (FW 3.3)
Clockworkmod Recovery
S-OFF
Bootloader Unlocked

Asus Nexus 7 (2013)
Pac-Man KitKat 4.4.2
TWRP
Bootloader Unlocked